Just bought my first Busa
I've been looking for a while; it's hard to find a good one in colours I like, that hasn't been thrashed by some squid.

I finally found one for sale about two hours away from where I live.

2005 model, blue/silver, absolutely immaculate and only 7000km on it.

I had to put a new battery in it, since the old one was f'ed.

This bike is absolutely the best 2nd-hand bike I've ever seen. - No mods done, stock everything, not a scratch on it, owner was about 50 years old.

I picked it up this morning and rode it home. All the way there I'm thinking, "This bike looks too good...I just know I'm going to end up dropping it."

Sure enough, I get home and whilst turning it around IN MY GARAGE...dropped it. Very minor scuffs on the r/h fairing and mirror, and will need new decals. F***!!!

But, as my mate Tim said, "Have you ever had a bike you haven't dropped at some point?"
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
We've all done it, it is a damn heavy bike until you get the hang of it. The petrol station is another popular place for it to have a lie down, along with parking on a slight incline.

Welcome to the club! Where are you based, and throw up a couple of photos for us. If you are looking for rides in your area, keep an eye on the riding thread, most states have fairly regular catch ups.

Cheers

Heidi

P.S. I just checked your profile, you're from The Shire! WELCOME! The Sydney mob catch up quite a bit and there is often runs through the Nasho.
Welcome but then Pi_freakScary
welcome you will have lots of fun riding your busa
Regards,
Shane
(26-02-2010, 06:54pm)Rainbow7 Wrote: that hasn't been thrashed by some squid.

Thats why they made the Busa to thrash it Scary Welcome Hope you enjoy your new bike
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
welcome mate
(26-02-2010, 06:58pm)Heidi1 Wrote: We've all done it, it is a damn heavy bike until you get the hang of it. The petrol station is another popular place for it to have a lie down, along with parking on a slight incline.

Welcome to the club! Where are you based, and throw up a couple of photos for us. If you are looking for rides in your area, keep an eye on the riding thread, most states have fairly regular catch ups.

Cheers

Heidi

P.S. I just checked your profile, you're from The Shire! WELCOME! The Sydney mob catch up quite a bit and there is often runs through the Nasho.

Awesome, thanks for the welcome! Very Happy

If anyone from Sydney is taking a run through the National Park, feel free to contact me. I live in Sutherland, just around the corner from Acacia Road.

BTW, I just picked up a set of Yoshi TRS bolt-ons from the US for AU$664, which is half of what Mat Mladin is trying to charge for them! And I also got the Soupy's lowering link kit (turnbuckle links and 1-inch handlebar block riser) for AU$225. I've done a fair bit of searching and I reckon those are pretty good prices when compared to what the average stealership here tries to charge.

Oh, I also got a DataDot kit, a Xena disc lock and I've ordered a blue (iridium?) doublebubble screen from Sydney City Motorcycles.
And today I'll be off to Bike Gear Warehouse, to pick up some Galfer braided lines.

So much to do, so little time...

I love how customisable this bike is. I'm not going to do anything ridiculous to it, but there are just so many awesome mods that can be done!

(26-02-2010, 09:04pm)ROD Wrote:
(26-02-2010, 06:54pm)Rainbow7 Wrote: that hasn't been thrashed by some squid.

Thats why they made the Busa to thrash it Scary Welcome Hope you enjoy your new bike

Yes, but thrashed by adults, not squids! Pi_tongue

[Image: IMG_0069.jpg]

Not a great pic, just a quick iPhone shot. I'll add more as I mod her.
Nice clean looking bike you got there bloke :)
I do have a question for all of you experienced Busa-owners: is it normal for them to run really hot? The temp gauge reads normal (needle is at halfway point) but, geez, the amount of heat that comes out of the lower part of the fairing is ridiculous. I burnt my leg on the ride hand side of the engine!

I've ordered a Muzzy aluminium fan; hopefully that will take care of it?
Clapvery nice bike there mate i`m a first time busa owner as of week ago to
(27-02-2010, 04:11am)Rainbow7 Wrote: I do have a question for all of you experienced Busa-owners: is it normal for them to run really hot? The temp gauge reads normal (needle is at halfway point) but, geez, the amount of heat that comes out of the lower part of the fairing is ridiculous. I burnt my leg on the ride hand side of the engine!

I've ordered a Muzzy aluminium fan; hopefully that will take care of it?

Yes they do run hot especially in built up trafic
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Congrat's on owning a very clean example of the finest all rounder road bike ever built. Scratches and knocks are part of life mate, sounds like my luck, no undue marks for years, get it repainted, put it back together and the very first day I go to pull it out of the shed I scratch the front guard big time, FAAAARRRKK!!!. Jen heard a lesson in how many four letter words and their derivatives that I know!!!!
Riding down the road in clean (ie, not blocked by heavy traffic) air, temp' gauge should sit just under half, the Muzzy fan will help keep on top of high temp' in traffic but will make f'all difference in normal riding, the thermostat will take care of that.
Enjoy blinging it! remember, "Ridden, not Hidden"!.

Cheers,
Tex & Bundy
Everybody dies, not Everybody lives !!
There is no substitute for grunt !!
Every boy needs more than one toy !!

I've just realised something: it's actually a 2006 model, not a 2005! The paperwork says 2005 BUT it was sold in December 2005, so I guess that explains the mix-up. (?)
Gidday brother, looks like a sexy busa to me (there all hot).
and Welcome to you.
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.
- Mae West
Well done on your purchase. Just wandering where you bought it and would it be too personal to ask what the number plate is???
Smitten May Marky always be with me and guide me through life Smitten