Vibrations
Hey simmo, liquid butyl rubber...what's the commercial name and where can I buy it?
By "going off" I assume you mean the rubber curing and taking its effect in cutting down the vibrations...right?
OK, I have now got the foam grips which help but I do want to explore to the end, how far I can eliminate all vibrations and if it then feels too dead, I'll dial some back in!
FP
(15-04-2010, 05:54pm)FalcoPerigri Wrote: Hey simmo, liquid butyl rubber...what's the commercial name and where can I buy it?
By "going off" I assume you mean the rubber curing and taking its effect in cutting down the vibrations...right?
OK, I have now got the foam grips which help but I do want to explore to the end, how far I can eliminate all vibrations and if it then feels too dead, I'll dial some back in!
FP

It was a few years ago I sure it was Burnnings just make sure its some kind of butyl rubber any make will do
Have you checked first if its hollow in side
yep the curing will take time because you will have no air in there for it to go off quick, it took about two weeks I noticed because I did one first & I could tell the difference
Let us know how it goes a few others may follow Pi_thumbsup
See Heidi I'm not just a pretty face & a spunk Lol2
"See Heidi I'm not just a pretty face & a spunk"

Yep, Simmo, you usually also have a nicely stocked beer fridge.
I owe you a couple I'm sure!
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Have to say that the FOAM grips have made a big difference. I like the feel of them as well. Some people may not, but they do reduce significantly the vibrations from the standard grip.
I would not worry too much about vibrations when the bike is nearly new, as i have experienced that same thing when my bike was new, but as i said, it is smooth now,after about 4000-6000 klms it fixed itself
now is smooth as silk and before it used to numb my fingers big time...
and did i forget to tell you ,that i love my bike.. hayabusa is a complete package having both torque and topend a complete bloody machinePi_tongue