NSW members letter writeing campagin
Hey guys i had an interesting nite at the MCC with lots of topics 1 of wich we are looking for is is 3 main things that affect us as motorcyclist's in NSW and then what we are doing is getting a letter writing campaign going to the government to enlighten them as to what is happening to us as motorist's in NSW .

so what are the 3 main problems?

lets pick 3 and go from there . this is something were getting going at the MCC and i know it may seem silly or pointless but the MCC is trying something new to get the attention of the government .

so im hopeing all NSW members will get involved

thanks guys
Kev,

one of the main issues i would like the authorities to seriously consider is >>>> multiple bikes / one rego. YesPi_thumbsup

many of us have a few bikes for different purposes, and it would be great if they could all be grouped under the one registration!! (u swing the plate to the bike ur currently riding.....i've heard they do this in the UK??? or maybe somewhere else in Europe??? >>> can anyone confirm this???ConfusedUndecided)

Pay a slightly higher rego for having 3 bikes registered together all under the one plate (but not as much as 3 individual rego's.....ouch!)

It's got a LOT of potential.......a sportsbike, a road/trailie & a tourer, all under the one rego!!!! Yes

k.i.f.
baz.
Coolsmiley
NICE IDEA BAZ! I'd also be keen on a weekend rego, I'd have the busa for every day, but I'd love a little cafe racer as well.
(13-04-2010, 02:48pm)bazman Wrote: Kev,

one of the main issues i would like the authorities to seriously consider is >>>> multiple bikes / one rego. YesPi_thumbsup

many of us have a few bikes for different purposes, and it would be great if they could all be grouped under the one registration!! (u swing the plate to the bike ur currently riding.....i've heard they do this in the UK??? or maybe somewhere else in Europe??? >>> can anyone confirm this???ConfusedUndecided)

Pay a slightly higher rego for having 3 bikes registered together all under the one plate (but not as much as 3 individual rego's.....ouch!)

It's got a LOT of potential.......a sportsbike, a road/trailie & a tourer, all under the one rego!!!! Yes

k.i.f.
baz.
Coolsmiley

Yeah, I can confirm that they also do this in Switzerland! The way it works over there is like this; say for example you have two motor cars, one large motor car with more expensive registration and one smaller motor car.You can place the more expensive large motor car number plates on to the smaller motor car. But, you can't pay and use the cheaper small motor car registration on to the large motor car.You must pay the higher registration cost of the two motor cars to be able to switch the number plates between them.
Brilliant idea. I would definately have more bikes if this was the go, which surely helps the bike industry and economy. Weekend rego for a trail bike would see me get one of those too.

I'd like helmet sticker law changed. I've got a Reevu helmet that has been passed in a stack of countries, but is illegal here, and I defy anyone to put one on and not agree it's the safety helmet in the World. My Shoei and Arai helmets are just for garage decorative purposes now.
Carpe Diem!
(14-04-2010, 02:29pm)Throwdown! Wrote: Brilliant idea. I would definately have more bikes if this was the go, which surely helps the bike industry and economy. Weekend rego for a trail bike would see me get one of those too.

I'd like helmet sticker law changed. I've got a Reevu helmet that has been passed in a stack of countries, but is illegal here, and I defy anyone to put one on and not agree it's the safety helmet in the World. My Shoei and Arai helmets are just for garage decorative purposes now.
I think the Reevu helmet is about to be passed as they may have a distributor now http://reevuhelmets.com.au/ still if you already have one probably still may be illegal even though it passes more stringent legislaation elsewhere which is crap on all levels
Do motorcycle regos and ctp's really need to be as expensive as they are.
I am sure that the up to 300cc rego would be enough for all sized bikes, and dont charge the same as a two and a half tonne 4x4 for larger bikes ???
what about the types of roadside barriers?

do you have a lot of the wire cheese cutters up there?

K
the REGO and CTP wont change no matter how much we protest guys . mthe wire barriers that we have on the M2 and M7 are a massive issue as well . so that is something to consider as well
"what about the types of roadside barriers"?

For me this is the one issue that says people hate bike riders. There have been protest about the wire and tree stump barriers in many countires, but no one cares. They are good for cars (most of the time) and that's all that matters.

I can see rego changes if it can be sold as being good for the economy. If we're all buying more machines and paying more (but smaller) regos. We should also have free parking and no tolls - here's that old London stat again;
'...if 11% of car drivers switched to two wheels, travel flow would improve 60%'. Can't remember the source, but it was about 9 years ago.
Carpe Diem!
TOLLS i would like to see a reduction Yes but we as road users still need to pay for useing the roads .
Bicycle riders don't. Many don't obey road rules and aren't fined for doing so.

Benefits should outweight the lost revenue, but they could always make that up by charging cars extra - maybe on a sliding scale depending on number of occupants in the car.
Carpe Diem!
Wire rope barriers only work for cars ONCE. After they've been hit and lost their tension, they're bloody useless until they've been repaired. The best barriers are the concrete walls that don't move unless you really smack them hard with a car or truck, and generally require no maintenance once they've been installed. They can do their job successfully 5 times in the one hour with no repairs or maintenance required between impacts. Can Wire Rope or Armco do that? NO! Thre's a reason race tracks the world over use concrete wall barriers. They work, and over many years are far more cost-effective.
guys lets keep focus on the job at hand finding 3 good things to get this letter writeing campaign up and going .

1) TOLLS
2)???
3)???
Sorry Kev, I thought I was adding some weight to the argument to include wire rope barriers on the list.