What do I do??????????
Bill I cannot believe you painted the previous house...I have never heard a tennant doing that.(cept us when we were first married , but we didnt pay rent because it was unrentable so we did it up as best we could.)

all Iask of my tennants is too just clean up their crap, leave the house as you found it..Last lot had two staffys which we didnt know about. The dogs got under the house and ripped to shreds the ducted gas heating. So ok the tennants agreed the ducting come out of their bond.however they still owe us the pop up sprinklers the dogs chewed and destruction of the garden.. now they were our best tennants to date..only huge case of cockroach infestation from them and i had to scrub the home top to bottom.has taken me 2 months to get it smelling good and little pee wee roaches gone.
the inground salt water pool was 3 foot of black sludge,which took us ages to get clean(found a mobile phone,earring,bones,bricks,stones and rusted soft drink cans.)they werent charged for the water usage so youd reckon you would keep a pool nice to use? and yes they were under a real estate..
any way all we wanted was for them to be out of the home..Took us 60 days..(Thats the legal period)

Never allowed on the property whilst tennats were there.(one lot of tennants in house we had about 9 years ago could have be on ACA -the real estate dude was dry reacthing.we sold that place soon after.)

Bill get a JP too wittness your place and sign a decleration form.take dated photos. do not let the land lord get away with that kinda stuff.
You have more rights as a tennant, than the landlord does.
Why can't all landlords just be like me and keep the place they rent in the condition that I would want to live in? We have a real estate controlled rental and the agents are genuine, doing 6 monthly inspections and advising of any alteration or change in condition since the previous inspection. If there is any maintenance or repairs required, we pay for it because it is tax deductable! The tennants pay their rent every month on time and in full and look after the place. They get good value and we get good tennants. Being able to drive past the place every day helps but it really wouldn't matter if it was in another location. The agents do their job and they do it well. I would never rent privately.
You were caught in a tricky situation Bill but I hope the advice you have been given here by all the others is of benefit to you. Get the current condition evidence and witnessed, clean it up to your standards and leave it clean when you go. You can't get caught out that way.
In NSW the tennant advocacy is the agency that goes in to bat for you in a dispute.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
(18-04-2010, 03:05pm)cheeky Wrote: Bill I cannot believe you painted the previous house...I have never heard a tennant doing that

Hi Cheeky,

The reason we painted the house was because the old owner sold the place just around the time when we were leaving and I like to take care of things - so thinking about the new owner's who wanted to move in immediatly. We just did it so that the new owner has the smell of the fresh paint and wouldnt have to worry about any small finger prints of my younger son. Its a small cost - that house has given shelter to my family for almost 16 months and have guarded my family and property against all odds.

I will post the video and pics of the transformation of this place as we move....ahead.
Cheers,
Bill