Icon Automag overpants
This is a first impressions review of the Icon Automag leather overpants:

[Image: showImage.jsp?class_id=11051&image_type=...e&rank=100]

http://www.rideicon.com/product_details....4&id=11051

I was basically looking for some decent pants to supplement my kevlar jeans which I'd basically worn through as well as an overpant to wear to work on cold mornings. I wanted leather, but nothing too chap-like, and not racing leathers with sliders as these just wouldn't go with my chicken strips.

After much deliberation, I bit the bullet and bought these pants on ebay for just under $300USD delivered. I was concerned with the sizing as these are overpants, and sized to fit over jeans. I.e. a 36" jean wearer would buy a size 36 if over jeans but a 34 if commando. Not being able to at least try them on locally (does anyone in Aus stock these??), I was a bit worried but figured I could always on-sell them if no good.

Anyway, they arrived and I'm very impressed with the quality and fit. The leather feels top-notch, and workmanship is great and the zips are hardcore. They fit perfectly - I can't see myself wearing these over jeans, but definiately over trousers or thermals for next PI trip.

I think I will remove the padded knee armor for comfort, but they are there if you want it. There is also that mesh lining down to about the shin level. There is a zip as well if you want to zip into your jacket.

The flexible concertina stuff at the knees and ass are comfy, and still good once legs were folded up on the bike.

You can cut them to length if required. There are 2 snap locks 6" up from the bottom where the zips start and a flap which keeps the zip quiet. Getting them on and off with boots on is a breeze.

The "cam-over waist adjustment lock" is a bit dickky, but gives the adjustment needed. This strap may get a bit dog-eared over time, but we'll see.

Overall, I'm very impressed and for just over $300 aussie, are a great set of leather pants with excellent protection.