2009 gsxr1000 vs 2010 bmws1000rr
I sat on one of these at a bike show today and it feels very comfy for a super sports blaster.
However the looks around the headlight are more functional than appealing. The demo bike at the Newcastle dealer has gp pipes fitted and improve the look by a mile just standing still.
I might post a pic or two when I download from the phone.
Won't be trading the Busa in I'm sure.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
A couple of phone snaps from today.
Click for larger image.

Regards BUSGO
(09-05-2010, 09:04pm)BUSGO Wrote: I sat on one of these at a bike show today and it feels very comfy for a super sports blaster.
However the looks around the headlight are more functional than appealing. The demo bike at the Newcastle dealer has gp pipes fitted and improve the look by a mile just standing still.
I might post a pic or two when I download from the phone.
Won't be trading the Busa in I'm sure.

Ray,you wouldnt buy it cause its not your type of bike ???
The reviews are great and the bike on a test ride was excellent,it does however seem to demand a younger type of rider/customer.Regarding the headlight it says more for it than the busas ever will cause I reckon the gen1 had the worst front light ever.
(09-05-2010, 02:28pm)bigjay Wrote: Kala Wrote:
errr...yeah i did expect more than 160

K

you seriously expected a stock bimmer to go more than 160mph in the quarter??? WOW!!!! Maybe pigs really do fly........

To south australia........................
You're quite right Ruben. It is not my type of bike. If I was buying the ultimate track day bike, I would consider it, but as an everyday rider/tourer/blaster/eye catcher, I have my hearts desire.
Regards BUSGO
(11-05-2010, 07:28pm)BUSGO Wrote: You're quite right Ruben. It is not my type of bike. If I was buying the ultimate track day bike, I would consider it, but as an everyday rider/tourer/blaster/eye catcher, I have my hearts desire.

You are correct reg blaster,eye catcher tourer Ray.......but boy does that beemer fly!!!!!I need a change or an addition in my garage hence why Im selling one of my Gen 2's.I have a ZX1400 NOS'd up,a custom Bking and 2 Gen2's,the BMW would sit fine in that mist as it would be the jump on and fang fcuk out of alternative.
Clap damn thats quick
me ans bussa 666 came across 1 at the drags last week

dont know about mick but it at my 06 alive
8.4's already?????? should make the busa and zx14 boys sit up and take notice. Like i said, the future of performance bikes right there..............Trophy
(08-05-2010, 08:11pm)Kala Wrote: umm..that is a lot slower than i expected

K

You expected 160 mph?

You know some stage 1 turbo gen 1 busas dont even do that mph....
Im talking your basic bolt on t28 turbo package.

153 mph on the quarter mile,on a standard bike,is STUPID fast.
So far that i have seen they still not been doing very well at ama superstreet and stock wheelbase they still have not gone quicker than hayabusa or zx14.. correct me if i am wrong but i believe they gone 9.1 at stock wheelbase as against 8.9 for hayabusa and zx14 with similar mods?at stock wheelbase
maybe that is supersports,but anyway gsxr were doing better ande the new beemer was the last of course it is the early days but it is not going to absolutely rule.
when you say king you mean RB3221 Lol2 bloody impressive thats for surePi_thumbsup
lets not be too carried away with it similar modifications ,who knows ..the new s 1000rr is a tough thing but Brock went quicker with similar mods at stock wheelbase i belive Brock go quicker on a 2 gen hayabusa and he went qicker on a zx14 too
LOL @ Jason
(17-05-2010, 09:06pm)playswithnitro Wrote: LOL @ Jason

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That stock wheelbase number (9.10) is impressive considering ryan ran a 9.17 on a muzzy piped SWB ZX14 when they first came out..... Did the SWB beemer have a aftermarket or stock pipe on it?
Also remember the wheelbase is shorter on the beemer... that is from zx14 site

It was the same Beemer that went 8.49 .. Brock just put it back to stock wheel base and removed the quick shifter ...But it still had all the other mods ..

Remember Brocks Busa and his ZX14 had the same mods as the Beemer and went faster ..