Akra
"morepowerracing.com" in the US has the single carbon full system at US$1121...this is a good price isn't it?
[I like the single carbon pipe as it's light and also clear the left side for all chain maintenance...+from a very similar system on a 1400, the pipe sounds absolutely fantastic!]
Factor in the delivery + tax I think it's still cheaper than buying locally or am I WRONG?
The only other question is WHERE does one buy this in OZ?
You'd think the neon lights would be buzzing on our site but I can't see any.
Strange that in this club the exhaust mod people haven't flooded the site with advertisements because I would have thought that it's the surest way to get Busa people interested as that's usually the first thing they think of...(well maybe the second thing..!)
(20-05-2010, 10:32am)FalcoPerigri Wrote: "morepowerracing.com" in the US has the single carbon full system at US$1121...this is a good price isn't it?
[I like the single carbon pipe as it's light and also clear the left side for all chain maintenance...+from a very similar system on a 1400, the pipe sounds absolutely fantastic!]
Factor in the delivery + tax I think it's still cheaper than buying locally or am I WRONG?
Strange that in this club the exhaust mod people haven't flooded the site with advertisements because I would have thought that it's the surest way to get Busa people interested as that's usually the first thing they think of...(well maybe the second thing..!)

u might want to email the people at bike gear warehouse and see if they can order one in for you or check out ebay or even your local bike shop might be able to order it in for you
hope this helps
100000kms in 23 months, not too bad
Pretty sure BGW won't help with this as they are Yoshi importers (Mladin was sponsored by them for donkeys years)...but could be worth a try. Or google Akrapovic and see if there's a link on their website to distributors.
ERS Ray on this site may be able to help you its worth a call
pm him Kawasuki
Gas Imports - gasimports.com.au - are Aus distributors (not retailers) of Akrapovic.

03 9338 1664, Im sure they could point you to a retailer.

Be surprised if its cheaper or even close to USA price tho.
Shield 
(20-05-2010, 10:32am)FalcoPerigri Wrote: "morepowerracing.com" in the US has the single carbon full system at US$1121...this is a good price isn't it?

Buy direct from the supplier in USA and save yourself some money

Dave

I looked at Akro & Hindle Systems and couldn't get one for much under $2000 when I looked a couple of years ago in Aus but who knows things may have changed.

I end up putting a Yoshi on and are very happy with the product I would try BGW as someone has mentioned prices are pretty good and free shipping.

http://www.bikegearwarehouse.com.au/Moto...GSX1300R_2

Cheers Rev004
Akroprovic customer back up in Oz = zero Embarassed
Thanks Grasshopper, back-up RE: Akra might be poor, but do you agree that their systems are second to none? Around here Roger Hayes, a well known racing legend reckons they are tops and no second guessing necessary. He fitted a mate riding with a full Akra system on a 1400 and it's just fantastic...not a single thing gone wrong with it since day one. The SOUND is fantastic and the look even more so+ the power is incredible.
Of the Yoshimuras I like the R77, so just maybe, that would do me if it works out easier to get...but I would say that for me, it is my second choice. Ti Force sounds good but I prefer the look of the A.(1) and
Y.(2) sytsems.
If your order is over $1000 you will have to pay import duty.
Also have to keep an eye on exchange rate. This week AU has fallen. So plan what you want and how to price below $1000 AU and order when the dollar is up. May need to split shipment and payment in two, headers then cans but in ding this you will have to watch the postage costs.
Its worth importing if you plan it right.

[quote='Dave' pid='216035' dateline='1274358820']
[quote='FalcoPerigri' pid='215965' dateline='1274315524']
"morepowerracing.com" in the US has the single carbon full system at US$1121...this is a good price isn't it?
Personally Akra Pi_thumbsdown on 99 Busa loss of 2 Hp in mid range to Yosh system a gain of 1.5 Hp over 9000 Rpm to Yosh system
No mount point under bike together with poor pipe tolerance fitting lets system drop onto and melt panels Pi_freak This with zero effort to rectify by dealer Pi_thumbsdown Much dearer than Yosh system also
All reasons why have never fitted an Akra system since Welcome

A note to be fair ................ this was in Vic and dealers in other states may give better product back up, but to me biggest minus would be only mounting at headers and muffler and over priced to other systems.
Stamp duty on imports is for over $1000. Most calculated at 5% so $5. Then you have GST on top of this at 10% plus some customs fees. Overall it might be two or three hundred dollars all up.

If you ask the importer, they might include the invoice at under $1000 (they did for me), then you want have any additional fee.
pretty sure the whole order(incl shipp) needs to be under $1k
(21-05-2010, 10:28am)fasterfaster Wrote: Personally Akra Pi_thumbsdown on 99 Busa loss of 2 Hp in mid range to Yosh system a gain of 1.5 Hp over 9000 Rpm to Yosh system
No mount point under bike together with poor pipe tolerance fitting lets system drop onto and melt panels Pi_freak This with zero effort to rectify by dealer Pi_thumbsdown Much dearer than Yosh system also
All reasons why have never fitted an Akra system since Welcome

A note to be fair ................ this was in Vic and dealers in other states may give better product back up, but to me biggest minus would be only mounting at headers and muffler and over priced to other systems.

Thanks GrassHopper, I take it that the Yoshimura R77 might work out to be easier/better fitting...so on my 09 model, how much would just a pair of R77's work out to be?(that is if I didn't get the WHOLE SYSTEM!)
This might just work out to be a good compromise as I don't really need/want more power per se, just eliminate some weight and improve the sound and looks a bit.
check out BikeGearWarehouse Falco....he imports Yoshis and his prices are always pretty good value.