RW 200HP
Here's a leading question!
WHO has ACTUALLY got 200HP at the back wheel without turbo charging, what did you have to do to get it and to be honest, was it WORTH IT in the context of money spent vs everyday riding.
Reliabilty (probably not suspect) and rideabilty wise, are there any minuses?
Perhaps, someone might even wish they didn't do it(!) Lets hear your stories!
Simplest i have done is a dry nos on a gen 1 and flashed it to suit, ecu turns on the nos within a window of rpm and tps , only hardware you need is nos bottle& bottle heater, line ,solenoid,distribution head with 4x .018 jets and the adapting boostbysmith loom , stepped from 167hp to 207 with very little time effort or money.
Same same as Greg ................... with Gen 11 a good set up and correct fueling will get you within 2 Hp of it.
Well according to 10 tenths in Sydney, my '06 achieved 209ph with a new set of pistons, flashing and a different inlet cam..

On another dino in sydney I think it was actually around the 180 mark.

Not all dinos are the same man, and not all tuners/ dino operators are honest!
Jeeez between shit and dishonest dyno operators and dealers that blow up ya bike you don't appear to have much luck with whom you deal with ?

Personally speaking when I start blowing wind up my own ass regards figures on my own bike then it's time to look for other work I reckon.
So back to the question ............. I've not seen 200Hp on anything that hasn't had internal engine mods N2o or Turbo and agree with Greg in that gas has to be the best bang for buck by far.
Note here also in that your bike wouldn't have been flashed it would have simply been a Yosh box tune as Col never flashed ECU's as wasn't available at the time.
my gen 2 hot off the dyno last year. Believe it or not, i dont care because i crashed it anyway. In the end it wasn't worth it. Too much power for a rookie like me.Idiot2Idiot2:engine was not touched    
(27-05-2010, 09:00am)bigjay Wrote: my gen 2 hot off the dyno last year. Believe it or not, i dont care because i crashed it anyway. In the end it wasn't worth it. Too much power for a rookie like me.Idiot2Idiot2:engine was not touched

Pi_thumbsup
I dont see why not , there been a few gen 2 with full system's ( not slip on mufflers) & either a pC or ecu reflash tune dyno within a couple of hp from yours on different dyno's.
1 fist, 2 figers & a thumb
Good air on a good day .............. don't see why not Pi_thumbsup
After all 2 Hp is barely a line thickness.
If you have a gen2 you already have a head start.
on average there about 20hp more than the gen 1
So a good full exhaust system & tune will just about get you there.
Theres a few of us in brissy with anywhere between 193 & 196 hp once tuned. ( different dynos as well)
If you can tell the difference in a couple of hp when riding your doing well.

Check out the drag guys at the moment running gen2's there times & mph gives an idea that the hp is close & most havent opened the motors

If you get up here on your road trip John i'll take you to Petes Pitstop & get that thing of yours tuned.
[Image: b76e01eb-552d-45d5-97df-028004b674c3_zps59f1c171.jpg]

Busa's yeah i guess i like them I've owned a few Pi_tongue
yeah with good air and the right set up 200hp is not beyond the reach but not on every dyno though...nevertheless is pretty close..Jeremy Tensly ran 8.42 stock motor ,must come close if not exceedindg 200hp
(27-05-2010, 11:49pm)larra Wrote: yeah with good air and the right set up 200hp is not beyond the reach but not on every dyno though...nevertheless is pretty close..Jeremy Tensly ran 8.42 stock motor ,must come close if not exceedindg 200hp

I thought that all new bikes came with 200 horses at the wheel... oh, sorry my mistake. Only the Vmax Pi_tongue
I thought that all new bikes came with 200 horses at the wheel... oh, sorry my mistake. Only the Vmax Pi_tongue

pity the vmax weighs a 1000 kgs!!!!!!!!!!
(28-05-2010, 07:53am)Toecutter Wrote:
(27-05-2010, 11:49pm)larra Wrote: yeah with good air and the right set up 200hp is not beyond the reach but not on every dyno though...nevertheless is pretty close..Jeremy Tensly ran 8.42 stock motor ,must come close if not exceedindg 200hp

Feel free to swap bikes for a weekend mr Pi_thumbsup
Lol3
(28-05-2010, 08:45am)bigjay Wrote: I thought that all new bikes came with 200 horses at the wheel... oh, sorry my mistake. Only the Vmax Pi_tongue

pity the vmax weighs a 1000 kgs!!!!!!!!!!

Got 28kg off mine, and just a little more power and tourque than those busa thingos ;-)