Got booked yesterday, cost me 100,000 !!
Just got back from Bali this morning. Smitten
FYI - riding without a helmet is a 100,000 RP fine!!- that's about AU$13

It's ok to not have a helmet if you are only riding locally. Children are exempt from wearing helmets, and they frown on more than 3 on a bike. (although we saw several with Dad, Mum, 2 kids and a baby) - even new borns in slings!

We played it cool and kept it to just the 3 of us
- on a mighty 125cc scooter!!!

We ran the helmet gauntlet for 2 days, but got "DONE" on the main road as we travelled up the coast yesterday. No helmets, no licence. Cops were friendly though, and accepted a "donation for their children", so we were allowed to continue. Coolsmiley

Went back, borrowed helmets and continued. Biker
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Good on ya!
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.
- Mae West
Forgot to mention . . . top speed allowed is 80kmph on the main roads, but you rarely get over 60. That made it easy for my daughter and I to sing at the top of our lungs . . ." I don't want a pickle, I'd rather ride on my motorsicl. (- got rather a lot of strange looks - especially when it came to). I . . .i. . . I don't want to die . . ." Lol2

sorry . . . .home on the red eye flight . . so still no sleep since then. - better than drugs - also a really nice bottle of '99 cab sav - first one in over a week!!
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Good to see you back mate
You're lucky you made it out alive mate, that traffic is awesomely bad.
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Best I saw on a scooter was five. Dad steering and Mum at the back with two little kids sitting between them. Then they had the baby in a sling strapped to the front of the scooter across the headlight. LIKE AN AIRBAG!
    Came across this old post , and remembered this picture .
Hope you all had a great time wardy.
Now i saw a little scooter on the Gateway yesterday and they were 2up not over big but not small .
The question im asking is should they be aloud on the freeways if the struggle to keep up I was in my van wich runs along at 80klh and i went past them like they were sitting still.
I think they have there place in the city where 60klh speeds are or in Bali
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
I got booked for no helmet in Cyprus many many years back.
Cop seemed to not see the locals without helmets but spotted me...Police
I was offered a fine or a trip down the station.
Fine was pretty low so I paid it and went to find a lid.

Told my Cypriot mate later, he asked to see the ticket.
I asked him what did it say?
He said no idea,...Read... it looked like a shopping list ! Dhoooo!!!!

Wtf.........Lol3

The kid in the bucket is a scream .. Lol2

The mrs and kids are going to follow me down to Tathra this year in the car, but, hey .. I've got a few buckets lying around .. Pi_freakScaryPi_freak
(20-10-2012, 03:00pm)ROD Wrote: Hope you all had a great time wardy.
Now i saw a little scooter on the Gateway yesterday and they were 2up not over big but not small .
The question im asking is should they be aloud on the freeways if the struggle to keep up I was in my van wich runs along at 80klh and i went past them like they were sitting still.
I think they have there place in the city where 60klh speeds are or in Bali

Hi ROD just throwing in my 2 cents worth
The one you past would probably have been a 50cc in Asian countries they are unheard of . Most seem to be 200 - 250cc and Bali has a 250cc limit you carn't get anything bigger without a special permit .
Good onya' Wardy, helping to feed the Coppers kid's!! At least u stayed on yours, unlike Jenn & I in Fiji a couple of years ago!!Pi_freak
Everybody dies, not Everybody lives !!
There is no substitute for grunt !!
Every boy needs more than one toy !!