Whats A Katana worth?
gday all, I thought I would chuck a post on here cos I know I can trust you guys for an honest opinion on the value of a schmick Katana.

This bike belongs to an old timer who lovingly restored this girl. He hasnt ridden in years and wants to sell her as he is restoring a boat now.

1983 - silver paint
stock standard
Ray Eaton re-built the engine a few years ago now but it has never been run in. Only done about 200 clicks since the re-build
new chain
new clutch
gear box
rings etc.......

If anyone is in the know can they give me some feedback on a starting price for her?
There is no strong performance without a little fanaticism in the performer
Is it 750 or 1100??
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
(19-06-2010, 06:47pm)horndog Wrote: gday all, I thought I would chuck a post on here cos I know I can trust you guys for an honest opinion on the value of a schmick Katana.

This bike belongs to an old timer who lovingly restored this girl. He hasnt ridden in years and wants to sell her as he is restoring a boat now.

1983 - silver paint
stock standard
Ray Eaton re-built the engine a few years ago now but it has never been run in. Only done about 200 clicks since the re-build
new chain
new clutch
gear box
rings etc.......

If anyone is in the know can they give me some feedback on a starting price for her?

ive been a long serving member of katana australia and been an owner of a few of them . a member from VIC recently sold his stock 100% fully restored katana 81 1100 for 15K to matt malidn . but i have seen some really good units go between $2K and some where up to $8K . would li=ove to see some pics of your katana as well
Email me a picture please mate I'm interested if its an 1100.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, horndog! I've got an '83 1100 Kat awaiting restoration....value to me >>> priceless (I cannot ever imagining parting with it)!!!
If you're in the process of attempting to purchase this old guys' Kat, chances are he feels the same way about his, as I do mine (Kat. owners are like that)
It all comes down to how much u are prepared to pay....remember, (nearly) every man has his price....

KIF,
baz.
Coolsmiley
Hi Horndog,

mate I have been watching the price on a 1100 Kats for a good couple of years and as a couple of guys have said the price varys depending on the owner. Now I have seen them go as cheap as $1500 though to $12,000 but on average I would have to say $5000 seems to be the bench mark.

I have checked out some recently here in WA and the couple that I have looked at weren't worth buying to much to repair / replace and they ranged from $3000 to $4500. The one for $4500 probably would have been OK as it din't need to much doing to the bike itself everything was in pretty good nick but boy oh boy was the motor noisey. I have just got off the phone from my mate as he was telling me about a fully faired 1100 kat in the Quokka for $5000.

Hope this helps Rev004
Agree about the 5k +/- depending on condition.

Plenty of modified bodged ones. I still have mine I bought new in 82.

Wouldnt ever sell it, but wouldnt want to ride one around on the road anymore.

I sold my road one a few years ago, after riding modern bikes, hated riding it.
Thanks for the input guys. Im not looking at buying it, just helping the guy out to determine a sell price for it. He loves the bike and only wants to sell it to someone who will look after it and appreciate it for what it is. I will get some pics up once he emails them to me.
There is no strong performance without a little fanaticism in the performer
I'm interested in purchasing a nice mint original condition kat. if it's 1100. Put up a couple of pics. If really good I reckon $5K-$7k ??
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
I had one for 12 years and had a lot to do with them in the UK.
I was trying to find another one out here but was very disapointed
in most of the one's I looked at. Folk bump up the price because of the
name. The ET i ended up with was as good a bike at half the price.

Having said that, im still looking. I WILL have another one, one day.

For me it needs to be a late model. In the UK that was the "SD's".
6-spoke early GSXR style wheels, alloy pegs not rubber, black motor
with the extra clutch plate and a few other better internals.

Wouldn't say no to a wire wheel 1000 though.

8 pages of them here........
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/t...C_ID=18625&whichpage=1