Just finished my wheels.
Just finished today, a job I started last weekend. I polished the lips on the wheels. The job itself, I must admit, was f@#king horrid. But $50 for the parts needed v's $400 for someone else to do it, decides itself really. All up it took about 8 hours. Had some dramas stripping the paint off the rear rim. Needed 4 paint stripper applications. I have got a small amount of satisfaction, knowing that I did it my self. I reakon it's the best mod yet. Really sexys the old girl up.

Before
[Image: busa3.jpg]

After
[Image: bus26610001.jpg]
(26-06-2010, 07:11pm)Tito Wrote: Just finished today, a job I started last weekend. I polished the lips on the wheels. The job itself, I must admit, was f@#king horrid. But $50 for the parts needed v's $400 for someone else to do it, decides itself really. All up it took about 8 hours. Had some dramas stripping the paint off the rear rim. Needed 4 paint stripper applications. I have got a small amount of satisfaction, knowing that I did it my self. I reakon it's the best mod yet. Really sexys the old girl up.

Before
[Image: busa3.jpg]

After
[Image: bus26610001.jpg]
Don't give up yet Tito, another 30 hrs on each rim will have the lot done ,Spokes & all, mine took me 40 hrs each . not much fun but .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Nice mate....
Looks real schmick there Tito.

I notice you have a grab handle on with the rear seat cowl, did you have to modify the hump to suit?
(26-06-2010, 07:58pm)Milesy Wrote: Looks real schmick there Tito.

I notice you have a grab handle on with the rear seat cowl, did you have to modify the hump to suit?

Yes mate. Cut slots for the grab rail in the cowl with a dremel. Took about half an hour to measure, mask and cut.Very Happy
Good work mate
....looks good, me like it!!! Very Happy
(now come over & do mine please?!?Lol3)

Coolsmiley
whats the point of using the 'quote' button when your first to reply ?????????? how just hit the 'new reply' button !!!!

By the way, nice mod Tito. Job well done.
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

www.stickersuperstore.com.au (for your sticker and sign needs)

Smitten 03 with a hair dryer - slammed and stretched (stealth mode engaged)