LETTERS TO THE MINISTER
Guys i would like as many NSW members to write a letter anout the CTP and PM it to me and i will send it to the ministers of transport

PM me your letters please and i will hound them guys
'The more professional you are, the closer you get to your client' Leon.

My letter to the clowns that run this state. May their mini suffer gearbox failure on the M4 during rush hour traffic. Very Happy

To whom it may concern.

I am writing to you to protest this outlandish piece of legislation that you have passed through parliament, without consultation, to raise motorcycle CTP in some areas by up to 80 percent. This is not the first time the goverment has acted undemocratically, a case in point being VSI-50.

My wife and I are motorcyclists, who up until recently were also labour voters. I have been riding for a number of years, and my wife gained her full license a few years ago. My wife is a delegate for the NSW Motorcycle Council.. Neither of us have been involved in a motorcycle accident in Australia, neither have we ever been convicted of any wrongdoing whilst we have ridden a motorcycle in Australia. So I believe I have the credentials to write to you with some authority.

Firstly I would like to know what statistics are being used to justify this increase. I have been trolling the net for the last two days trying to find out information on CTP claims and premiums, to little avail. I would like to know, for the last 5 years, across all groups, how much has been collected in revenue from CTP premiums vs what has been paid out. I personally do not know anybody who has ever claimed on CTP, and I think that CTP is akin to having insurance against the sky falling on my head. Therefore I propose that motorcycle CTP be set at $100.00 This way it will be fair. This also takes into account the people who ride pocket bikes or dirt bikes around suburbs without licenses. These people are not motorcyclists, and should not count in our statistics. I would like to know how many of the fatalities and CTP claims last year were unregistered unlicensed pocket bike and trail bike riders, like I observed in postcode 2326 the other day while visiting, and it is also prevalent in 2770.

Due to mismanagement, our roads system is the poorest in the land, and many people are frustrated every day sitting in gridlock trying to get to work. They cant take the train or the bus becuase on time running now means the train or bus can be 20 minutes late, if it even bothers to stop at your station. Due to the foresight of this goverment, if you live in the Northwest of Sydney you cant catch a train at all. But there is hope, and the people have already found it. Buy a bike and ride to work, where the forward thinking City of Sydney have put in Motorcycle free parking in multiple locations. Furthermore you can tour on your bike, taking your hard earned cash to towns that rely on visitors for their existence. You can make it easier for people to ride to these places, or you can support the residents of smaller rural communities on centrelink payments. Up to you!

Motorcyclists, despite the media hype, are a caring bunch of people. There are many charity rides every year. My wife and I attend annually the Honda Snowy Ride, held in Thredbo, to raise money for Childhood Cancer research. This ride is targeting 5000 bikes into Thredbo this year, and is in it's 10th year. There is also the Pink Ribbon Ride for breast cancer, and the prostate cancer ride. We are also friends of Tex and Bundy, who also ride this land raising money for prostate cancer. If you drive motorcycles off the road by insisting on an overinflated insurance that adds no value except to insurance companies, then it is these charities that lose out. What are you going to tell the child, dying from cancer, that you cant help find a cure because we drove the people who provide the money off the road.

I hope that you see fit to repeal this legislation downwards. I see $100 as a fair CTP premuim. If you disagree, prove it to me. However the national average on motorcycle fatalities are falling, so I would suggest that if our fatalities are opposing the national trend then there are other factors like crap roads, dangerous non motorcycle median barriers, and lack of forward vision for our road system.

If you choose to continue on this path, I will not support your reelection at the next election.

Regards
Graham and Kathy.
Kathy
Rear half of 2000 Red/Grey Busa Smitten
Rear half of 2010 Red BMW K1300 GT Smitten
Hey Kev.
I have recived 3 replys. One from the MAA, one from my local MP's office and one from Clover Moore. Could you pass the Clover Moore one onto the MCC please. She sounds keen old Clover!

Dear Mr Brogan,

Thank you for your email to the Motor Accidents Authority (MAA).

The MAA is currently investigating the issues that you have raised and will provide you with a response shortly.

Kind regards,

Sarah Dibdin
Claims Advisory Officer
Claims Advisory Service
Motor Accidents Authority of NSW
Ph: 1300 656 919
Fax: 1300 137 707
web: www.maa.nsw.gov.au

Thanks for your email in relation to CTP Green Slips for motorcycles Tim.

I have forwarded it to Michael for his consideration.

We will be in touch with you again shortly.

Regards

Lisa

Electorate Officer

Michael Daley MP
Member for Maroubra
Tel: (02) 9349 6440
Fax: (02) 9349 4594
Email: maroubra@parliament.nsw.gov.au

6 July 2010
The Hon Michael Daley MP
Minister for Finance
Level 31 Governor Macquarie Tower
1 Farrer Place
SYDNEY NSW 2000
Dear Minister
Motorcycle Insurance Green Slips
I write on behalf of a number of motorcycle owners who have contacted me about changes to green slip prices for motorcycles.
Residents who have contacted me say that the Motor Accident Authority has changed the categories for charging insurance, and added a new category that applies to premiums for 250cc motorcycles and scooters.
Motorcyclists tell me that the premiums for some motorcycles and scooters have tripled as a result of this change. They are concerned that this significant rise has not been justified with evidence.
Those who have contacted me are concerned that this change will discourage people from using motorcycles and scooters and return to using cars, which need more road and parking space, and use considerably more resources and fuel.
Could you please review green slip premiums and inform me what action you will take?
Yours sincerely
Clover Moore
Member for Sydney

Ill email you the letter from Clover Kev.
Kev PM me your email addy and Ill send it.
TRAITOR
GUYS I HAVE A FEW APOINTMENTS WITH SOME LOCAL MP'S I REALLY NEED LETTERS FROM ALL NSW MEMBERS , PLEASE GUYS THIS IS WHAT WE NEED TO DO , WRITE LETTERS EMAIL MP'S , I NEED AS MANY LETTERS AS I CAN IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS SO I CAN PUSH THIS CTP ISSUE FROM MY END , SO COME ON LETS SEE MY EMAIL BOX FLOODED WITH EMAILS FROM MY AHC NSW MEMBERS.

EMAIL ME AT big_kev9@hotmail.com . COME ON GUYS

"UNITED WE RIDE-DEVIDED WE WALK"

GUYS IF I CAN DO WHAT I CAN UNLICENCED AND STILL PUSH THIS ISSUE THEM YOU GUYS HELP ME PLEASE WITH EMAILING ME LETTERS ABOUT THE CTP , MAKE IT PERSONAL AS TO HOW THIS AFFECTS YOU WHAT IT WILL DO TO YOU FINANCIALLY ,

COME ON GUYS
ILL SEND YOU MINE TOMMOROW!
TRAITOR
Kev, just as a suggestion. Are you able to provide a few names or titles to who everyone should address the letters too?

In my experience's it holds a lot more credential and merit if any letter is addressed to an actual individual, rather
than just 'To who it may concern'. It's a small detail that can make a very big impact.

Hope you hit 'em hard mate!!!
(06-07-2010, 07:11pm)big kev Wrote: GUYS I HAVE A FEW APOINTMENTS WITH SOME LOCAL MP'S I REALLY NEED LETTERS FROM ALL NSW MEMBERS , PLEASE GUYS THIS IS WHAT WE NEED TO DO , WRITE LETTERS EMAIL MP'S , I NEED AS MANY LETTERS AS I CAN IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS SO I CAN PUSH THIS CTP ISSUE FROM MY END , SO COME ON LETS SEE MY EMAIL BOX FLOODED WITH EMAILS FROM MY AHC NSW MEMBERS.

EMAIL ME AT big_kev9@hotmail.com . COME ON GUYS

"UNITED WE RIDE-DEVIDED WE WALK"

GUYS IF I CAN DO WHAT I CAN UNLICENCED AND STILL PUSH THIS ISSUE THEM YOU GUYS HELP ME PLEASE WITH EMAILING ME LETTERS ABOUT THE CTP , MAKE IT PERSONAL AS TO HOW THIS AFFECTS YOU WHAT IT WILL DO TO YOU FINANCIALLY ,

COME ON GUYS

Dont hold your breath Kev,as i said on previous occasions,alot of people bitch and end up do nothing about it.
Ive been sending all sorts of abusive/not so messages reg the horrendous state qld is turning into to Gov offices and local Mp's for the last 4 years.
Without the basic rule of "People United"nothing will ever happen as Aussies are not inclined to be politically motivated/involved due to some 1970's bullshit attitude of being "laid back" "she"l be right"which in todays realistic terms is more like "laid off"and no it wont be fixed until you get off your fat arse and do it....... scenario!!!!!.Good job Kev keep it upClap!!!!
Hey kev

This is a real key from Clover Moore's reply,
'those who have contacted me are concerned that this change will discourage people from using motorcycles and scooters and return to using cars, which need more road and parking space, and use considerably more resources and fuel.'

These are things that squarely hit the budget of Councils, they will have to put their hands in their pockets and PAY for more parking spaces and the upkeep of roads. They understand money when they don't understand people being upset and making empty threats (not that any of the letters I've seen here appear to be). Can I suggest that from a purely strategic position, everyone include one sentence or paragraph in their letter that includes something along the lines above. If that one message is hammered home again and again AND has Clover behind it, there might be some real traction to be gained.

Just a suggestion.
(07-07-2010, 01:47pm)Heidi1 Wrote: Hey kev

This is a real key from Clover Moore's reply,
'those who have contacted me are concerned that this change will discourage people from using motorcycles and scooters and return to using cars, which need more road and parking space, and use considerably more resources and fuel.'

These are things that squarely hit the budget of Councils, they will have to put their hands in their pockets and PAY for more parking spaces and the upkeep of roads. They understand money when they don't understand people being upset and making empty threats (not that any of the letters I've seen here appear to be). Can I suggest that from a purely strategic position, everyone include one sentence or paragraph in their letter that includes something along the lines above. If that one message is hammered home again and again AND has Clover behind it, there might be some real traction to be gained.

Just a suggestion.

heidi

When writeing your local members or MP'S there are some points of intrest are makeing the letter personal , letting them know how this affects you financially , the asspect that parking will be affected in your area's the fact that bikes are cheaper to run but now the CTP has made if more expencive than your $50 car , those points are good ask them what are they going to do about this , ask them question that are needing to be answered
Kathy
Rear half of 2000 Red/Grey Busa Smitten
Rear half of 2010 Red BMW K1300 GT Smitten
A list of all the nsw pollies.

http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/pa...entMembers
TRAITOR