Centre stands ?
Confused I am new to the busa family and i have been fortunate to pick up a 2000 model.
She comes from a loving owner who had her from new.

My query is - " does the 2000 model have a capacity to add a centre stand" -

Lol2Lol2
I belive so. Go to pashnit busa web site.
TRAITOR
Yes it is, as a genuine accessory! I put 1 on my '99 when I had it. You lose the last tiny fairing in front of the back wheel.

Cheers Biker
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
Absolutely, lots of people have them fitted. Talk to Madmax, he's fitted a couple now.
Thanks all, I will go and spend some energy on finding one in Adelaide
OH YOU ARE NEW!! Go source one in Adeliade, but also check the internet, you'll be astounded at how much you can save!
(03-07-2010, 10:42am)moshy_7 Wrote: Thanks all, I will go and spend some energy on finding one in Adelaide

Post a add in the "buy swap sell" section....ya never know ur luck
I too am new to the Busa and want to have some method of lifting the bike. I wondered if the frame tube in the centre of the bike could be used rather than fitting a centre stand permanantly. I am a little reluctant to go down that track until someone chimes in and says its able to take the load. Alternative is to go to the dealer and ask them ir the frame member is able to be used in this manner. Any ideas??
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
(08-07-2010, 08:13pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: I too am new to the Busa and want to have some method of lifting the bike. I wondered if the frame tube in the centre of the bike could be used rather than fitting a centre stand permanantly. I am a little reluctant to go down that track until someone chimes in and says its able to take the load. Alternative is to go to the dealer and ask them ir the frame member is able to be used in this manner. Any ideas??

You need a paddock or race stand. Kaneg is a vendor on this forum & makes the best one at the best price . Go to vendors section .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
(08-07-2010, 08:13pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: I too am new to the Busa and want to have some method of lifting the bike. I wondered if the frame tube in the centre of the bike could be used rather than fitting a centre stand permanantly. I am a little reluctant to go down that track until someone chimes in and says its able to take the load. Alternative is to go to the dealer and ask them ir the frame member is able to be used in this manner. Any ideas??

you mean put a shaft through the swingarm pivot and make some crazy thing to lift it? I am sure you could, but I don't think anyone does it!
I pity the fool who goes out tryin' a' take over da world, then runs home cryin' to his momma!
(08-07-2010, 11:39pm)Greeny_SA Wrote:

You need a paddock or race stand. Kaneg is a vendor on this forum & makes the best one at the best price . Go to vendors section .

Yeah I know about the stands but I have one thing I'm not too keen about with those and that is balancing the bike while you place the stand under and lift up. Also you need two if you want to work on the front end???
(09-07-2010, 11:40am)Aussie Steve Wrote: Yeah I know about the stands but I have one thing I'm not too keen about with those and that is balancing the bike while you place the stand under and lift up.

Just leave your grab rail on and it's a piece of piss to get your bike up onto a stand.
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
(09-07-2010, 01:30pm)Rainbow7 Wrote:
(09-07-2010, 11:40am)Aussie Steve Wrote: Yeah I know about the stands but I have one thing I'm not too keen about with those and that is balancing the bike while you place the stand under and lift up.

Just leave your grab rail on and it's a piece of piss to get your bike up onto a stand.

Can't... got the hump...I reckon I'll go the centre stand course...just gotta find out how much Suckzuki want for one.
Do the sidestand mod instead - $0.
And it doesn't add weight either
Center Stand is good. Had one since I owned the 'busa - wouldn't be without it.
Cheers
Pastor