Mobile speed cameras
As I understand it, these camera's will only work with oncoming traffic. Meaning photos will be taken of the front of the vehicle.
(04-07-2010, 06:37pm)Tito Wrote: As I understand it, these camera's will only work with oncoming traffic. Meaning photos will be taken of the front of the vehicle.

Hope they don't use a flash on the camera. It may cause a serious accident if a motorsist is startled by the sudden burst of light.
So what are we actually lookin' at here, BK?!?
Are the camera's gonna be set-up stealth-like in cars parked on the side of the road (ie: like in Vic.)? or are they gonna be placed (read: hidden) in strategic, unsuspecting places (ie: amongst tall grass and in trees on the side of the road.....also a common practice utilised in Vic.)?!?
thats what im chaseing up bazz to find out what is the proticall for these units , as soon as i know mate i will post . but i am chaseing it mate , all members should know that kathy and i are on the job where it concerns this club , we will do our level best for all members

cheers BK
(05-07-2010, 12:12am)big kev Wrote: thats what im chaseing up bazz to find out what is the proticall for these units , as soon as i know mate i will post . but i am chaseing it mate , all members should know that kathy and i are on the job where it concerns this club , we will do our level best for all members

cheers BK

Sure as hell they will be hidden as they are in every other state, more revenue to be made this way.

Dave
How do we get rid of the RTA is more to the point
i would like to think that we could get rid of them simmo ( tommahawk missiles to all the RTA branches) but we all know this wont happen , the main prob is they have been left to there own with out suppervision and they have become a power all of there own ,
Apologies/sympathies to anyone who might have lost a loved one or close friend in an accident but seriously 215 deaths compared to how many deaths in other areas of medicine or more the point lack of and homeless etc - its really a revenue exercise in my view what a joke
Egos; everyone got one
If it's about forcing people to slow down & not revenue raising, why don't they just put up a shitload of dummy cameras around the joint with the usual signage (speed camera ahead...or whatever) but don't tell anyone they are dummy cameras. Nearly everyone slows down when they go past a fixed speed camera (except for those that can hook their feet around the numberplate)