MCC meeting
Ok first up congats to evryone who wrote emails.
The meeting was very interesting. The MAA were aproached by the MCC and to put it bluntly they are shiting themselves. They have no data to back up the increase. If they go to a senate estimates inquiry they will burn as they have no data period! They are looking at putting all lams bikes into the one bracket. And bikes who dont carry pillions. There was alot of talk about the ride on the 31 of August (thats when parliment resits) it a tuesday. The MCC said that the MAA and other MP's etc had not seen this much mail about one single subject in a long time. So keep them going. It wont be a short battle it will take at least 6 months so maintain the rage people.
In the next 48 hrs the MCC will send out an email with points and questions so that every one can write an email. Big Kev will put this up. A copy of some one elses email will get ignored. So you write your own and put all the points in and send them out. There are 160,000 riders in NSW. That many people will change a govt! So lets make CTP fair.
Remember. Uninted we ride, Divided we walk!
Sorry to steal your thunder Kev I just got excited!
TRAITOR
Here is a copy of an email that was sent to a fellow motorcyclists.

6 July 2010
The Hon Michael Daley MP
Minister for Finance
Level 31 Governor Macquarie Tower
1 Farrer Place
SYDNEY NSW 2000

Dear Minister
Motorcycle Insurance Green Slips
I write on behalf of a number of motorcycle owners who have contacted me about changes to green slip prices for motorcycles.
Residents who have contacted me say that the Motor Accident Authority has changed the categories for charging insurance, and added a new category that applies to premiums for 250cc motorcycles and scooters.
Motorcyclists tell me that the premiums for some motorcycles and scooters have tripled as a result of this change. They are concerned that this significant rise has not been justified with evidence.
Those who have contacted me are concerned that this change will discourage people from using motorcycles and scooters and return to using cars, which need more road and parking space, and use considerably more resources and fuel.
Could you please review green slip premiums and inform me what action you will take?
Yours sincerely
Clover Moore
Member for Sydney

Obviously the letter writing is working. Please keep writing to your local members, ministers and insurance companies.

P.S Cotter 7, who are you and why didn't you come and say 'hello' to the Busa table....we were front and centre (our usual seats) Coolsmiley
Kathy
Rear half of 2000 Red/Grey Busa Smitten
Rear half of 2010 Red BMW K1300 GT Smitten
I got the same letter sent to me. I like Clover.
I didnt realise it was a Busa table. I only clicked who BigKev was towards the end of the meeting, then when it ended Kev seemed a bit busy. I was the guy who rocked up about 10 min late in the tan cargo pants, My mate was wearing jeans and a hoody. I was the good loooking one...............hahaha
Ill say G'day next time.
TRAITOR