Tire Watch for Motorcycles
Mick's Bike & Car Tyres Dyno Centre
Shed 1/6 Johnstone Rd Brendale
P: 3881 0033
F: 3881 2211
E: mick@mbct.com.au
W: www.mbct.com.au/
Well went away to Bellingen over the weekend.

Tire watch was going to be gimmick or useful tool.

After the weekend, I say useful tool.

It was amazing how cold the tyres were on the cold morning.
Cold temp in Brisvegas was 36psi front and 39psi rear at 27degrees.

Cold morning in Bellinbgen at 5 degrees in the morning presssure was 33psi front and 36psi rear and internal air temp was 13degrees.

By watching the gauge and seeing the pressure and temp come up I knew I was going to hard on cold tyres and backed off till they got to 3psi above my set pressures. What a fantastic feeling knowing that my tyres were right to go.

So definately no gimmick and we were firing most of the weekend. Except the ride home with the hangover....the wifes that is.

Oh and something I keep telling people as a gut feeling, I now know conclusively. Tyre pressure was up 3-4psi when pushing through corners. But between the Waterfall Way turn off and Dorrigo, we got caught behind a bit of traffic and with the straights coudn't push as hard. Guess what the tyres did. They cooled down, quite quickly and significantly. So just getting past some traffic and long straights the tyres weren't quite up to speed back in the twisty's. So the first few corners are critical after what I call a transport section between 2 sets of twisty's.

Mick
Mick's Bike & Car Tyres Dyno Centre
Shed 1/6 Johnstone Rd Brendale
P: 3881 0033
F: 3881 2211
E: mick@mbct.com.au
W: www.mbct.com.au/