shinko tyre pressures
Just wanted to know what tyre pressures people are running. I currently run 20psi in the rear tyre. Not sure how much lower you can go before it starts slipping on the rim or getting loose at the deep end.
Ran them at 8 to 10 before and no dramas not the best but you gotta do it some time on these regional tracks.
I ran a tire off a rim at 8, now don't go below 12 much
tire came off as i was wheelspinning through the top end and got a bit sideways, it just walked it off the rim as easy as a tire machine does it ...126mph through the traps sideways was an eye opener
great question. i get my new 200 ultra soft shinko this weekend. I needed to know this, thanks.
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

www.stickersuperstore.com.au (for your sticker and sign needs)

Smitten 03 with a hair dryer - slammed and stretched (stealth mode engaged)
(20-08-2010, 12:13pm)Macbusa Wrote: great question. i get my new 200 ultra soft shinko this weekend. I needed to know this, thanks.

Will we see you at the next Townsville meet. Always good to have more bikes.
Steve
Unless they have changed lately the 190 are drag profile and 200 street profile, my last one was a 200 :(
(20-08-2010, 05:23pm)Maj Wrote: Unless they have changed lately the 190 are drag profile and 200 street profile, my last one was a 200 :(

True. The tyre i have now is a 190 but measures 200 acrossUndecided
Sorry for the Hi-Jack BUT;

Mackay (Palmyra) is running a mackay vs townsville meeting on the 18th of september, they ran it last year but we couldnt get any of the bike riders to come down for it.

Entry form available within the next week, meeting will be run on a local race meeting format.
Free camping offered to entrants / crew members - hot showers - camping available Friday night - no charge to camp.

Would be great to see Pete and Grant down this way for it !!