factory pro velocity stacks/Dynoed..
Noted mine is running lean at the moment with the factory pro stacks.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
Dynos can lie ..... depends on whos dyno Very Happy
Egos; everyone got one
My wideband doesnt!
"par excellence"
A pretty easy real world way to check if a mod has made an improvement on the road is with the veypor and the wideband.If you do an in gear roll on from say 3000-10000 in 3rd gear the veypor will give you a time taken,g force produced and torque and horsepower made, result.if you also log the air fuel withe the same map and with the stacks it runs leaner and richer in areas it didnt previously you will be able to identify where it wants more fuel to make more power and where it wants less fuel because its making less power.those stacks generally want more fuel up to 10,000rpm,especially around 8000.I ended up running a 9.58@145mph with those stacks with stock gearing,before i moved on to the shorter stacks for more power over 10,000.I had to fit a 16 tooth front to regain the launch torque lost by pulling them out so i could get an overall positive gain out of the bike,and rev the bike about 1000rpm harder.
Forgiven odear, gee I feel nice today. Ah well stuff it I'm tired & going back to bed.
"par excellence"
(10-07-2009, 08:34am)ohdear Wrote: many many many ..................... forgive the stutter but did I say many ? "G" force units lie also >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> only a very select few that don't or should that read work accuratelyCoolsmiley

you can do a acceleration over time eg 30-100km+ and time taken if prefer a stop watch to a g meter.A g meter helps show where it went better or worse.I tune my first gear power according to the g meter and the front wheel control tells me its in the ballpark.220hp and full throttle as soon as the clutch is out in first gear with no roll out wheelies.Pi_thumbsupyour right there not exact and they do vary a bit but you can pick a change with them.
So with the benifit of hindsight and the test of time what have we learned here. Who is still running these massive horse power improving stacks??
http://www.extremebusa.com/extreme/drag-...tacks.html

They make a nice noise so they must be faster???

Argue agrue argue whatever bullshit is still bullshit.
Seem to only work best with stock cams and cam timing,my new motor doesnt like them.A 2 up gen1 rider with slipons and stock cam timing would be very happy with them on the road.How many dyno test compare a 4 into 1 pipe compared to a stock pipe at 5,10,20% throttle,where 90% of riding occurs.If people saw those charts theyd never buy a 4 into 1.Same applies,better part throttle torque means a better streetbike.Anyone got some standard gen2 headers around? The x pipe is much better than a gen1,s and the pipe diameters are the same,so would be a good cheap upgrade with slipons for a gen1.Schnitz sell different length billet stacks and yes billet does sound better for sure.
Free to a good home - one set of stock Gen II (K8) headers and mufflers (must take both) must pickup or I will delivery in Sydney inner Metro
Egos; everyone got one
i,ll takem,i,ll bring my back brace.lol.
Bring a crane lol
Egos; everyone got one
(10-07-2009, 08:53am)spamanglenn Wrote: A g meter helps show where it went better or worse.I tune my first gear power according to the g meter and the front wheel control tells me its in the ballpark.

You wouldn't happen to know of a good accelerometer that I can plug into a data logger (not the Motec g-meter).

Cheers,

Camel
A mob in melbourne sells a 0-5 volt g meter thats about 1 inch square for $395.I cant remember who they are but its not competition systems,do a search for 0-5 volt accelerometers,that how i found them.
Hi glen just curious how did u work out u were australias first 8 second stock lenght street bike .all motor pump fuel , i suggest u check the records as far as i know u would be the first busa but defenatly not first street bike.

Mark