e bike gone
Got word from E bike yesterday

EGroup is underwritten by Calliden insurance & the E Group has made
the decision to no longer offer motorcycle insurance in Australia.

Its a shame they were good to deal with
[Image: b76e01eb-552d-45d5-97df-028004b674c3_zps59f1c171.jpg]

Busa's yeah i guess i like them I've owned a few Pi_tongue
I,m wondering if those that are curently insured are still insured. Not long took mine out with them
I was with eBike till 9th of Sept and now I am with isuremybike - seems they have sold business to another company
(17-09-2010, 12:00pm)Pommie Wrote: I,m wondering if those that are curently insured are still insured. Not long took mine out with them

You are covered until your insurance expires. New insurance quoted is from QBE at significantly higher premiums.

I renewed my insurance with Insuremyride.

Cheers
You are covered until your insurance expires. New insurance quoted is from QBE at significantly higher premiums.

I renewed my insurance with Insuremyride.

Cheers
[/quote]
Unless they go c**t up then your left holding your d*k - insuremyride = robbers"R"us - Exhale
Thats a shame. They were awesome to deal with when I had my mishap with the damn kangaroo and at a decent price.
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
Agreed. Ebike were great & a reasonable price.
I've just spent a couple of hrs ringing around. Both direct to Insurance companies & also brokers.

I've found that the "Special Offer" from QBE for ebike customers is the cheapest @ $536 with Insuremyride coming in 2nd @ $572 NRMA were $1663 on the same criteria as the others. SWAN were $996. Am still waiting for a couple of brokers to get back, but most of the ones I called declined to insure a bike.

This is just total crap. I've only had 1 (not at fault - was hit from behind) accident in over 20yrs of riding & I get lumped in with the jerks that can't control their right hand.......
(23-11-2010, 11:06am)Louwai Wrote: NRMA were $1663 on the same criteria as the others.

Honestly, who do they think they're kidding??? It's plainly obvious that the NRMA doesn't want to insure motorcycles, so why don't they just say so?
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
(23-11-2010, 11:06am)Louwai Wrote: Agreed. Ebike were great & a reasonable price.
I've just spent a couple of hrs ringing around. Both direct to Insurance companies & also brokers.

I've found that the "Special Offer" from QBE for ebike customers is the cheapest @ $536 with Insuremyride coming in 2nd @ $572 NRMA were $1663 on the same criteria as the others. SWAN were $996. Am still waiting for a couple of brokers to get back, but most of the ones I called declined to insure a bike.

This is just total crap. I've only had 1 (not at fault - was hit from behind) accident in over 20yrs of riding & I get lumped in with the jerks that can't control their right hand.......

Well I just received the last of the responses from the brokers. None of them could come close.

Looks like it's either InsureMyRide or QBE.
[quote='Louwai' pid='231413' dateline='1290485394']
[quote='Louwai' pid='231400' dateline='1290474384']
Agreed. Ebike were great & a reasonable price.

Looks like it's either InsureMyRide or QBE.

Well I just received the last of the responses from the brokers. None of them could come close.
[quote]

QBE quoted me $650 for Hayabusa whereas e-bike had been $542 for Hayabusa AND Firestorm, when I pointed this out they offered me $650 for both after consulting their head supervisor (must have been used car salesmen), I am not convinced they did not know I had two bikes under one policy. There is another company now called Famous who have over 40's motorcycle insurance (www.famousinsurance.com.au) quote Hayabusa at $544 which is also on the money but do not have more than one bike per policy(don't they realise I can only ride one bike at a time!).. looks like QBE
[quote]
I ended up insuring with Qld Teachers Credit Union Insurance. (QTCU)
For the same criteria as QBE they insured me full cover for $351. See here.
http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...?tid=16246
(14-12-2010, 09:34pm)Louwai Wrote: I ended up insuring with Qld Teachers Credit Union Insurance. (QTCU)
For the same criteria as QBE they insured me full cover for $351. See here.
http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...?tid=16246
I owe you a couple of schooners Louwai, Honda $232, Hayabusa $302 for total of $532 both bikes which is less than ebike was even! Might look at house and car insurance as it also seems cheaper. Also because I am 50+ if I pay $20 a year I get extra 5% off all insurances with them plus other discounts around the place Pi_thumbsup
(16-12-2010, 02:16pm)alpal Wrote: I owe you a couple of schooners Louwai, Honda $232, Hayabusa $302 for total of $532 both bikes which is less than ebike was even! Might look at house and car insurance as it also seems cheaper. Also because I am 50+ if I pay $20 a year I get extra 5% off all insurances with them plus other discounts around the place Pi_thumbsup

glad I could help. Pi_thumbsup

I've also just renewed my car insurance with them.
2007 Honda Legend.
Agreed value of $38k
Youngest driver 45yo
Full Comp
$800/yr

$400 less than next cheapest.