steering & Brakes
Is there anything i can do to make the gen 2 busa steering a bit quicker and lighter, like a R1 or gixxer ect ? any advise appreciated.

Improving the front brakes as well ,any ideas ?
braided lines are a start if you havent gone there and a set of gelfer or aftermarket rotors ,
cheers bk , will try braided lines and see what happens :)
nige get onto HEL in brisbane they have good deals running at the moment . i think braided lines are the 1st mod to any busa these days , i waited ages till i did mine and what a diffrence they made nige , best of luck mate

POST PICS UP WHEN DONE
Get onto Ebay.....if you don't mind waiting a couple of weeks, braided lines are available heaps cheaper from OS than HEL......3 line kit from HEL is $240 (I think) and mine came from UK (Goodridge) and cost $140 shipped to my door (with staino banjos).
I got a set(cant remember exactly??? Clutch/F.Brake/R.Brake) of Galfer 'Red' lines with gold coloured fittings sent in the mail yesterday! pick up today...

http://www.cyclebrakes.com/html/on_sale.html
GenII Hunter Knuppel2
New pads and a set of lift links will sharpen steering
I run an a +1inch suspension lift on my k8.

i have never ridden it without so i cant really comment. i fitted it before the first km went on..
/
(22-09-2010, 09:40am)09sydrd Wrote: Is there anything i can do to make the gen 2 busa steering a bit quicker and lighter, like a R1 or gixxer ect ? any advise appreciated.

Improving the front brakes as well ,any ideas ?

a set of magnesium wheels,front suspension overhauled
Light weight rotors (half a kg lighter than stock)
cheers for the replies , looking at a few of these options , thanks
Jacking up the rear and moving the forks up through the triple-tree (drop the front - you'll need spacers for that) will do it.
This will also slightly alter the centre of gravity on the bike and reduce the wheelbase a touch.

Combine that with a reduction in unsprung weight and you would have a reasonable quick flick Busa.
Raise the rear.

Radial front mastercylinder.