Full Throttle Advice Please
Concentrate
you have probably already seen this post http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...?tid=15862. I have been riding bikes for more years than I care to think about, and lots of them have been big bore roadies. It is so easy to get into trouble with the Busa, as its speed is very deceptive. As others have said speed comes with experience, stay safe, Steve.
You can do one of two things

No 1
Step No 1 Check you health insurance
Step No 2 Check your hospital cover
Step no 3 Check your death cover

or
No 2
TAKE IT EASY FOR NOW or it will bite you big time Pi_thumbsup
Quote:Like any new bike, I want to know the limitations and abilities so I can ride safely. Emergency stops are easily done, but is there a safe gear or speed that I can fully throttle my Busa in (in a straight line), that won't leave me wheeling or sitting on the tarmac? Having a 250 before this, I dare not do it without advice as I'm already hanging on at quarter throttle (2nd gear), lol.

two days after i bought my gen 1 , i took it to a drag strip. I suggust you do the same, its a safely controlled environment , don't worry about the quarter mile times just enjoy the acceleration the busa has to offer. You'll think your sitting on a rocket the first few times. When you go past the quater mile clock start your decent. For $50 you'll be grinning for a week and a bonus no possibility of being booked and ambo's on site if you f*** it up.
(28-09-2010, 05:25pm)09sydrd Wrote:
Quote:Like any new bike, I want to know the limitations and abilities so I can ride safely. Emergency stops are easily done, but is there a safe gear or speed that I can fully throttle my Busa in (in a straight line), that won't leave me wheeling or sitting on the tarmac? Having a 250 before this, I dare not do it without advice as I'm already hanging on at quarter throttle (2nd gear), lol.

two days after i bought my gen 1 , i took it to a drag strip. I suggust you do the same, its a safely controlled environment , don't worry about the quarter mile times just enjoy the acceleration the busa has to offer. You'll think your sitting on a rocket the first few times. When you go past the quater mile clock start your decent. For $50 you'll be grinning for a week and a bonus no possibility of being booked and ambo's on site if you f*** it up.

I came from a beemer 1200rt (same as cops ride) to a busa and to this day 5 years later are still amazed at how every time I go for a ride on the Busa it still inspires you and not to mention scares the bejesus out of you sometimes.
As others have said..gently gently smooth throttle control and smooth weight transfer are the go, also get the body set up on the bike before you enter the corner so no need to sqirm around on bike mid corner.
All basic stuff I know but its easy to forget this stuff when on a new bike especially the busa.
You will love the bike as many others do..respect of the bike will keep you outa trouble.

Regards,

Richo
Actually someone recommended to read a book called "A Twist Of The Wrist". Coincidentally, a friend of mind emailed me a copy of the second edition 2 days ago. I finished reading it last night and I thought it was the best reading ever. It explained so much about riding your machine and how to use it, that I would recommend it for anyone at any level.
I have no doubt it will make riding my Busa a safer and more enjoyable experience.
Any chance you have that email still in your inbox? :)

Cam
only a rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the car window...
(29-09-2010, 07:16am)Camikaze Wrote: Any chance you have that email still in your inbox? :)

Cam

Yeah mate,

Just PM me your email and I send it to you. You'll just have to wait about 3 days as I'm over ADSL limit and slowed until end of month. It is in 2 parts and each part is about 7MB.
(29-09-2010, 07:13am)Tcrosses Wrote: Actually someone recommended to read a book called "A Twist Of The Wrist". Coincidentally, a friend of mind emailed me a copy of the second edition 2 days ago. I finished reading it last night and I thought it was the best reading ever. It explained so much about riding your machine and how to use it, that I would recommend it for anyone at any level.
I have no doubt it will make riding my Busa a safer and more enjoyable experience.

+ Infinity...... Excellent read, the video is good too Clap Helped me check on my bad habbits, definately recommended for novice and experienced riders! Very Happy

Stay Upright Coolsmiley

Bazz.
[Image: hayabusa-5.jpg] [Image: HayabusaLogo-Grey.gif]
...PM me for twist of the wrist II video...
Steve is spot on.

I have also had lots of big bore roadies (including an XX, a Gix 1000, a ZX14 and a B-King), and the Bus is easily the quickest of them all.

Deceptively quick.

Magnificent fun, but a trap for young players.....
Just one rule really, which is to CHECK out the stretch of road BEFORE you go FULL BORE.
Also remember there are not many places you can redline the Busa beyond 3rd Gear which is over 230kph. You may not have time to realize that at 250+ it's really READY to GO, just when you expect it to want to take more time, it actually just wants to get to the red zone.
Take care and make sure you have the room to move and stop.
(30-10-2010, 08:13pm)FalcoPerigri Wrote: Just one rule really, which is to CHECK out the stretch of road BEFORE you go FULL BORE.

That's a very good one...I'll have to remember that one myself!
I had my gen 1 up to a indicated 295kph and it was steady as and I had a cross wind.
If you are going to go for it make sure you check tyre pressures and chain tension and hang on LOL!!!
Also check for speed camera'sBiker
2009 Super Duke
2011 Aprilia RS 125
Honda Lead ScooterBiker
(30-10-2010, 08:13pm)FalcoPerigri Wrote: Just one rule really, which is to CHECK out the stretch of road BEFORE you go FULL BORE.
Also remember there are not many places you can redline the Busa beyond 3rd Gear which is over 230kph. You may not have time to realize that at 250+ it's really READY to GO, just when you expect it to want to take more time, it actually just wants to get to the red zone.
Take care and make sure you have the room to move and stop.

also....check your rear-vision mirror for me on my turbo 14 Very Happy