Setting up suspension for the drags
This has probably been discussed a million times but Im too lazy to search.

What is the optimal suspension set up for drag racing?

Should I max out the compression damping in the rear to stop it squating under power?

I am waiting for a clear Wednesday to try out straps for the front so should I back off the pring preload and compression damping on the front?

How low should I pull the front down, Forks are at near standard height so hitting the sump should not be a problem I think?

Cmon you regular quarter runners how about sharing some of your secrets I need all the help I can get.

Any advice greatly appreciated. Bruce

See here, young man, from Walgett to the sea,
From Conroy’s Gap to Castlereagh, there’s none can ride like me.

<i>Edited by: Blackzook at: 21/11/05 9:30 pm
</i>
My advice,dont hit any holes on the way home. Cheers,
Kawasuki<i></i>
I'm still finding my way through it all but have set my suspension as i saw advised on the SH org
front is std strapped to suit traction ,
rear is lowered with a std gsxr 750 dogbone (~50mm with a +4 arm) compression is soft, adjuster all the way out , lets it squat at launch & lowers the centre of gravity.Rebound is 1 or 2 from all the way in so it slowly rises, aiming to have it finished rising ~60ft.
<i></i>
I have the advantage of a lockup clutch that i can set to slip slightly at the line, i dump it at 8500rpm front wheel normaly holds ~100mm off the deck(when i get it right)
My problems start when the front wheel touches down , the rear just lights up, obviously i haven't thrown enough money at it yet and the god of speed needs more sacrifices (some more practice wouldn't hurt either )

Still can't do long posts, f'n sat/isdn connection won't talk to photobucket either <i></i>
www.brocksperformance.com/tech_suspension.htm

Shayne <i></i>
Great stuff Shayne , good info in the other links from brocks too, spent a while reading them all.
May be a better way to traction than just buying stickier tires <i></i>
I like what Brock has to say about most aspects of Drag Racing, he has been doing it for a while, he is dedicated to getting everyone down the strip in the best possible time, he tests the hell out of everything before stating anything, he was a Factory Suzuki Rider and everything he seems to say makes sense, well to me anyway!

Another theory I have read is not to dry hop the bike after a burnout as the first launch after prewarming is the best, thats ok if you have evaluated the traction of the track of course!

They may have <i></i>
Good read thanks Shayne Bruce

See here, young man, from Walgett to the sea,
From Conroy’s Gap to Castlereagh, there’s none can ride like me.

<i></i>