gearing
I have just bought a speedo healer and am thinking of changing the gearing. I know I put a thread up about this a while ago but what I want to know is how much it will effect the rpm. I am thinking of going 1 tooth smaller on the front for that extra punch off the line. My bike will never see its potential in the top end so I might as well give it some more down low. Anyone know how much more it rev at say 100k's with the changed gearing compared to stock. I know there is a site somewhere to work it out, but when I looked at it I thought fark that, too hard. Another option is to go up maybe 2 on the rear but that is more expensive and I might have to change the chain as well, as the bike has only done 12.5k's it doesnt need a new chain for a while yet, so I would rather change the front.

From what I can gather from the extreme Busa site 16 40 would be very simular to 17 43, which is what a lot of the bikes seem to run, and makes about 700rpm difference at 100k's, is that right ?
http://www.gearingcommander.com/

Enter all the inf you want and have look. It will give you rpm etc
TRAITOR
I went -1 +2 and it does rev a bit more at 100km/h, but all you do then is shift into the next gear. You will need a SpeedoHealer. (Piss easy to install.)
Oh, and if you're going to put new sprockets on, put a new chain on at the same time.
Why do you think it's more expensive to put a larger sprocket on the back? I got some JT sprockets from my local stealership and they were dirt cheap.
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
what is the standard gearing for a gen 2, I thought it was 17 40, but according to the site above from Cotter 7 it is 18 43.
17:40 is for a Gen 1, the Gen 2 is 18:43
thanks mate
I dropped down from 18/43 standard to 16/43 but I only kept it like that for about a week. Top speed dropped too much. It was great in the city but not in the country, I was in 6th gear from 110kph to 240kph.

Now I run 16/40 and its perfect. It split the difference Coolsmiley
No trophies, no flowers, no flashbubs, no wine,
He is haunted by something he can not define.
The Distance, CAKE.
^^ Huh. - I run 16:42 and I can still do 170 in 2nd gear.
I was thinking of going 17 43, just taking one tooth off the front and leaving the rear, it should be very simular to what you ended up with (16 40).
I thought 16/40 and 17/43 was exactly the same?

When I changed the front to 16 I found I had so much low down pulling power that I just enjoyed riding in the low rpm ranges. The bike pulled from 3000rpm. I could select 6th at 80kph! and then ride it all the way up over 200! But I missed not being able to get up around 280. It could make 240 in 6th at 10000rpm and then wouldn't pull much further.

With 16/40 I can get up over 260 I didn't notice my revs at the time, too busy watching the road, but my speedo healer registed 260. It offers good pull from 3500rpm the kind of feeling you get from 4000 on the stock 18/43 and so when you twist and go at 4000 you get even better pull.

Have fun swapping your sprockets. There is quite a variety in rear sprockets the front sprockets are more or less the same. Here's a good little comparo on sprockets for you.
http://www.superstreetbike.com/hotproduc...index.html
No trophies, no flowers, no flashbubs, no wine,
He is haunted by something he can not define.
The Distance, CAKE.
yeah it is close, standard gearing 18 43 is 2.388, 17 43 is 2.53 and yours is 2.5