SUPERCHEAP or SUPER IRRASPONSABLE
Hi guys not sure if all of you have seen the supercheap adds on TV with russell (the enforcer) ingall

http://trenthendrickfolio.blogspot.com/2...paign.html

his CARMA campain has made a U turn with 1 ADD it shows a bike rider weaveing through stoped traffic and you see a car door open up on the rider , and russell states " NOW THATS CARAM , DONT SPLIT LANES STICK TO THE ROAD RULES" what kind of message is this sending to the general populis?? thats its ok the do this to riders?

i have written supercheap a few letter of complaint of this matter ,

here is there email guys , let them know what you think feedback@supercheapauto.com

cheers guys
Given that lane-splitting is not illegal, why the hell is SCA making ad's like this?!

EDIT: Guess whose marketing dept. has just guaranteed that I'll never buy another product from that company?
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
yeah i know what you mean rainbow this add is showing its ok to hurt riders , very poor SCA , what does this say about russell ingall as well ?
I have just sent a email stating i was furious at the message it send out that it's ok to open a car door on a motorbike rider.

I also stated that almost all riders own a car too.... so what are they thinking?????

I doubt SCA will reply.
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

www.stickersuperstore.com.au (for your sticker and sign needs)

Smitten 03 with a hair dryer - slammed and stretched (stealth mode engaged)
ive been tooing and frowing with the MCC emails about this add as well and its being looked into
may I add a quote from the SCA Carma website

"Each year more than 1.2 million people lose their lives as a result of road crashes, while in Australia and New Zealand numbers average at about 1900. And for each person killed, many more people are seriously injured."

Then they advertise to open a car door on a motorbike rider which could cause serious injury or death... WTF are they thinking!!!!!
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

(01-11-2010, 09:06am)Rainbow7 Wrote: Given that lane-splitting is not illegal, why the hell is SCA making ad's like this?!

EDIT: Guess whose marketing dept. has just guaranteed that I'll never buy another product from that company?

Guys,

Sorry - but lane splitting is illegal.

Actually its not illegal per se but changing lanes without indicating, passing too close to vehicles, passing on the left etc etc

If you dont agree please provide the regulation that states that it is.

And before you get upset, I do not agree with this ad. I think SC missed a great opportunity to give a positive message (and even one about looking before you open the door from a parked car).

Cheers
you know what legal or ill legal my hole point is that its wrong to promote car drivers opening car doors on motorcycles ,

Please refer to Australian Road Rule 269269 Opening doors and getting out of a vehicle etc(3) A person must not cause a hazard to any person or vehicle by opening adoor of a vehicle, leaving a door of a vehicle open, or getting off, or outof, a vehicle.

Lane filtering is not specifically legal, neither is it specificallyillegal. It is "grey".

The advert clearly implies that it is OK for a car driver to "door" amotorcycle rider as a form of retribution for lane filtering.No doubt this car-driver attitude will expand to include bicycles as well
(01-11-2010, 12:16pm)steventh Wrote: If you dont agree please provide the regulation that states that it is.
There is NO legislation that specifically prohibits lane splitting. Certain legislation/road rules can be interpreted in such a way as to possibly mean lane splitting is not permitted...but that is just one interpretation.
Again: there is NO legislation against it. It is NOT illegal and you are doing your fellow motorcyclists great harm by insisting that it is, because ignorant non-motorcyclists hear/read that sort of thing, believe it, and then go around deliberately cutting off motorcyclists so that they can't lane split.
Why don't YOU show US the legislation that specifically prohibits lane splitting?
when did this ad campaign start... does anyone know? Also is it in all states or just NSW?
Sent to Australian Motorcycle Council and Today Tonight.
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

we are going into law area's guysd im looking at what this add promotes not the laws , this promotes the fact that its ok to DOOR a rider , its what the add is portraying that im concerned with , so you all can sprout laws and such but its the MESSAGE that i have a problem with , i hope you guys can see the MESSAGE this add is pushing ??
I don't see it that way, Kev. - Yes, the car driver is in the wrong...but the message that ad promotes is that lane splitting is illegal, which is simply not true.
well we will have to disagree on that 1 ,
Well, it also promotes the idea that motorcyclists are criminals...