Low km fulse neutral
Bikes ready for first servise-2010 model-and over the past few hundred kms ive been hitting a fulse neutral between 5th and 6th.

It has only happened a few times.

Is it just me not applying enough pressure or do other people have this happen?

Im hoping that new oil will fix it and hoping its just tight a bit but not sure...
Mine did that occasionally when it was new for about first three months never ever does it now at 40k kms
yeah it happens to me occasionally,i do find if i make sure i shift hard it doesnt do it
Never happen with mine, with or without clutch.
How well adjusted to your foot and riding position is your shift lever, usually having to lift your foot too far to shift will "short" shift and occasionally not select properly .
Often happens when riding aggressively as you tend to sit further forward ,putting your foot away from the lever even more

And the busa 5-6 shift is not as quick as the other gears as its operating both shift forks in the gearbox, pulling one gear out shifting forks then putting the other gear in, most of the other shifts use only one fork shuttling from eg: one gearset on the left of the fork to the other on the right
so be more definite and allow for a longer shift time
Thanks guys. Think it is just me being aggressive/sitting forward. Will be adjusting the linkage and see how it gos, with new oil and correct position of the shifter and a more positive shift i think this should sort my problem-why i feel the need to be aggressive from 5th to 6th is a worry in itself...
(15-11-2010, 01:30pm)BJK1 Wrote: Thanks guys. Think it is just me being aggressive/sitting forward. Will be adjusting the linkage and see how it gos, with new oil and correct position of the shifter and a more positive shift i think this should sort my problem-why i feel the need to be aggressive from 5th to 6th is a worry in itself...

Mine is the same, have to ensure it has click into 6th, one other thing Ive found if cruising in 5th if you power on a little then change up this appears to help.
(20-11-2010, 05:34pm)Steve46 Wrote:
(15-11-2010, 01:30pm)BJK1 Wrote: Thanks guys. Think it is just me being aggressive/sitting forward. Will be adjusting the linkage and see how it gos, with new oil and correct position of the shifter and a more positive shift i think this should sort my problem-why i feel the need to be aggressive from 5th to 6th is a worry in itself...

Mine is the same, have to ensure it has click into 6th, one other thing Ive found if cruising in 5th if you power on a little then change up this appears to help.

Mine does the same it seems to only do it with me if Im cruising around like a old fart just flicking it through the gears with out any real revs.or is cold..its never happened under revs ..touch wood.............
Suzuki gearboxes do this sometimes. The oil that is used can make a difference so it will likely go away after a service.