Hi all!!! Help needed please boys?
Hi there everyone I am a proud owner of a black 2010 Busa here in good old Sydney NSW.
I recently got its 1st service and was very annoyed with the lack of professionalism and service and lack of knowledge even though I took to Suzuki dealer Idiot2.
I am after some recommendations please for gun busa mechanics with good reputation and skill. I am very conscientious and dont mind paying more for the best possible care, knowledge and service for the busa. Trophy
Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance!!!

Jeffro Very Happy
(27-11-2010, 02:05pm)jeffro45 Wrote: Hi there everyone I am a proud owner of a black 2010 Busa here in good old Sydney NSW.
I recently got its 1st service and was very annoyed with the lack of professionalism and service and lack of knowledge even though I took to Suzuki dealer Idiot2.
I am after some recommendations please for gun busa mechanics with good reputation and skill. I am very conscientious and dont mind paying more for the best possible care, knowledge and service for the busa. Trophy

Jeffro Very Happy
The best suggestion I have is , Check the Tathra post & do everything you can to get there .You will find a wealth of information from many busa owners & Get 2 days of nothing but Busa's .Oh,& welcome to the Busa club .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Get in touch with Tex (motoplast) on this forum.....his workshop is at Minchinbury (T & B Mechanical?)
That is not an uncommon experience in my view. My advice is to learn how to do all the regular work and use mechanics only for the big stuff, where you get better value for money.

Changing oil, brake pads, fluids, plugs, maintaining chain etc...are all quick and easy to learn. Even taking your wheel off for a tyre change saves you $50. Before long, you'll be stripping the whole thing back to levels where you will surprise yourself.

Particular to the busa, learn how to take the nose off - it'll raise your confidence for the rest of it. For big jobs - dyno or things like replacing cam chain, overhauling the fuel pump or cleaning the injectors - I'd recommend S&R Pro in Penrith, but there are a few others, I'd bet.

I would NOT recommend any of the Actions or Western in Penrith. That said, the franchises fluctuate every time they lose a decent mechanic. If you find one that does a good job, insist on them doing your bike and don't leave it with them if that guy is ill or has left.

Finally - do your own electrics. Even good mechanics don't seem to be that good at it.
Carpe Diem!
(27-11-2010, 02:48pm)Throwdown! Wrote: That is not an uncommon experience in my view. My advice is to learn how to do all the regular work and use mechanics only for the big stuff, where you get better value for money.

Changing oil, brake pads, fluids, plugs, maintaining chain etc...are all quick and easy to learn. Even taking your wheel off for a tyre change saves you $50. Before long, you'll be stripping the whole thing back to levels where you will surprise yourself.

Particular to the busa, learn how to take the nose off - it'll raise your confidence for the rest of it. For big jobs - dyno or things like replacing cam chain, overhauling the fuel pump or cleaning the injectors - I'd recommend S&R Pro in Penrith, but there are a few others, I'd bet.

I would NOT recommend any of the Actions or Western in Penrith. That said, the franchises fluctuate every time they lose a decent mechanic. If you find one that does a good job, insist on them doing your bike and don't leave it with them if that guy is ill or has left.

Finally - do your own electrics. Even good mechanics don't seem to be that good at it.

Hi there thanks for reply. Yeh I have no problem doing attempting the easy stuff that you mentioned have a mechanical background I normally have a go at anything.
That being said I also need the info for those times in future that I may need to have something a little more major fixed.
The reason i allowed the dickheads to work on my bike before was purely because of warranty reasons.
Thanks again for the advice mate!
Jeffro Lol3
(27-11-2010, 02:23pm)Greeny_SA Wrote:
(27-11-2010, 02:05pm)jeffro45 Wrote: Hi there everyone I am a proud owner of a black 2010 Busa here in good old Sydney NSW.

Jeffro Very Happy
The best suggestion I have is , Check the Tathra post & do everything you can to get there .You will find a wealth of information from many busa owners & Get 2 days of nothing but Busa's .Oh,& welcome to the Busa club .
Thanks mate will consider.
Pleasure listening to people that know!
Cheers!
Oh! Then go for it. The warranty is the least of your problems with these machines now, after more than 10 years of production.

I'd never turned a screw in my life before getting fed up with $500 bills for looking at the bike for half a day then completing 30 minutes of work. Now, with all my dogged (can't spell dodgyVery Happy) splices and over use of a hammer, I know my bike better than anyone on Earth and love the tinkering - next best thing to riding.
Carpe Diem!
(27-11-2010, 02:42pm)CeeJay07 Wrote: Get in touch with Tex (motoplast) on this forum.....his workshop is at Minchinbury (T & B Mechanical?)

Ditto...Tex's place is called A & J Mechanical.
Kathy
Rear half of 2000 Red/Grey Busa Smitten
Rear half of 2010 Red BMW K1300 GT Smitten
I was close....gotta give me points for being close Kath!!!!!
If you must for warranty, Lloyd Penn in artarmon are pretty good for jap bikes.
Suzi mech's suck ball's. I'll never take mine back. It was the first and only service they'll ever get outta me! Everyone should download a service manual.
Thanks all for the responses!!!
Have a nice christmas...keep upright & stay safe!

Jeffro Very Happy
(28-11-2010, 09:59am)jeffro45 Wrote: Thanks all for the responses!!!

Jeffro Very Happy
Here's the address that Godown meant to give youParty-smiley-018

http://www.sandrpro.com.au/index.html
(28-11-2010, 10:43am)GRUNTMAX Wrote:
(28-11-2010, 09:59am)jeffro45 Wrote: Thanks all for the responses!!!

Jeffro Very Happy
Here's the address that Godown meant to give youParty-smiley-018

http://www.sandrpro.com.au/index.html
Throwdown on her way to work;
Please read;
http://www.youtube.com/user/SandRpro#p/a..._cYYDooVLw
(27-11-2010, 04:53pm)Throwdown! Wrote: Oh! Then go for it. The warranty is the least of your problems with these machines now, after more than 10 years of production.

I'd never turned a screw in my life before getting fed up with $500 bills for looking at the bike for half a day then completing 30 minutes of work.
How long does it take ya to remove and reinstall a Gen2 fairing without breakin it ? Lol2
(27-11-2010, 06:28pm)CeeJay07 Wrote: I was close....gotta give me points for being close Kath!!!!!

Close Cj i just did a google Scary

T & B Mechanical
1317 Grayloack St.
Lancaster, OH 43130
ph: (912) 550-8148

Lol2
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Give Tex a ring at TJ Automotive 9675 5888, did a awsome job on my bike and cant be happier. Pi_thumbsup
[Image: photo3.jpg]