MCC FUNDING
Guys as you know the MCC is fighting the CTP price war , well now its come down to the MCC needing funding so im wondering if our NSW members that are affected by the CTP would like to help the MCC , unbenones to most the MCC is not a funded org and it needs funds to take the fight to the next level ,

so would you guys be interested in being a suscriber to the MCC its only $15 yearly but you personally would have a voice and the money raised will go towards funding the fight for our rights , lower CTP lower TOLLS and being recognised as a seperate road user group

post up if you guys would be interested ,

thanks guys
Sign me up, Kev.
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
(13-12-2010, 07:09pm)Rainbow7 Wrote: Sign me up, Kev.

+1
The MCC is getting it sorted as we speak so soon as i get the details i will let you all know thaks heaps guys for your support with the MCC
Hi Kev,

Sorry, but I am going to rain on this parade, and respectfully disagree with you.

I have attended a few MCC meetings, and in general I have observed the following;
1/ There are a few people, Rob included, who I believe seek a political career, and see the MCC as that stepping stone.
2/ The MCC has not kicked any goals in a number of years. The CTP issue is a case in point. The MCC wants to take the Neville Chamberlain approach, hoping that a few forceful words in writing the politicians will roll over and restore CTP back to a realistic level.
3/ The MCC is not in touch with it's grass roots. The bulk of the motorcycling community do not believe that they are represented well by the MCC.
4/ The CTP fight was driven from people like RAB, and the thousand motorcyclists who went to Macquarie St. I was one of them.

The MCC needs to go back to it's grass roots, and get motorcyclists behind them. Once they do this, and give up on their own political careers then I will be happy to get behind them.

And yes I was happy to discuss this with Rob too, but anytime I have wanted to have a discussion with him he is not interested. Just like a politician.

Just my 0.02c
well i can say this that you will not be happy mate , the MCC has been doing it on its own with no finincal funding what so ever , how do you expect them to fight for us as riders with no money ???

if you think there trying to got the politics route then thats how you see it i see it as if we dont fund them just alittle then they have no way of fighting this CTP caper ,
(14-12-2010, 08:05pm)1hotbusa Wrote: 1/ There are a few people, Rob included, who I believe seek a political career, and see the MCC as that stepping stone.
Yeah, I've had the same thought.
However, if the MCC advocates on our behalf, I'll support them.
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
i think your wrong about rob in a big way graham , he is engageing the parliment on behalf of us , rob has done more in the last 6 mths than any 1 eles whom was at the helm of the MCC ,

i look at it this way if the MCC is being seen to be funded by motorcyclists then the gov might also lend a hand with funding as well , at least something is being done , yes weasel from RAB lit a fire under the MCC ,

i know its hard to think positive but things are happening in a good way , if you dont support the MCC then thats totally your choice , but it would be unfair to bag them when you wont support them

theses are my 2c worth
Hi Kev

Thought I would buck a trend and post on here twice in a year!!!!!

There are two main points that need to be taken into consideration. Firstly, the MCC does not do nothing to support itself, they get funding by working at Bathurst each year marshalling the campers. This is their only source of income.

Secondly, like any other organisation, the MCC needs to be able to sell itself to the majority of riders. This means the MCC needs to stand and tell us what they have delivered, or what they will deliver if we were to fund them. Lets have a quick recap;

CTP. No results as of yet. Yet CTP has got dearer and dearer over the years and this has been unchecked. The Neville Chamberlain approach has not worked here. Direct action is required.

Fair tolls for motorcyclists. This has been an issue since I came to this country in 2002, and it is still going on. I think the majority would agree it is unresolved.

I have attempted to have discussions with Rob when I have gone to MCC meetings, but I have been cut off, and in some cases ignored. So without any opportunity to get the other side of the argument, I am left to form this opinion.

In closing, if the MCC kicks a goal or two, they get a bit of street cred, and a much better position to ask for money. I say go ahead, create the paypal account, the riders of NSW will either donate or not donate. That in itself will outline to the MCC where it really sits.

My .02c
Sorry Kev, but I'm with Graham on this.

We have so many issues that have been looked over for years and years, wire rope barriers, tolls, slippery road markings, parking, rego, insurance, the list is endless. And it is the exact same issues that have been a problem for motorcyclists for the past 15 years.
Yes the MCC is supposed to be our mouth piece, but they have done bugger all in addressing any of these issues apart from a nasty letter campain.

Tell me what REAL success have they had in our favour in the last 10 years? My CTP still goes up each year, same with my rego, I still pay tolls, slip on pedestrian crossing, get booked for parking on the footpath, and I am pretty sure there was another fatality on the M4 last month where a rider was carved up by the wire barrier. You only have to read a motorcycle forum, or open a 2wheels/AMCN and read the letters pages to see what is really pissing off riders.

I have had these same arguements with MCC delegates for years and yet, the issues are still never addressed.

On the point of funding, does the pedestrian council receive government funds? How about the pushbike riders? I bet even the car and truck representative bodies get government funding, for f*** sake, i can get government funding to give up smoking. So with the MCC being our representative body, how come they don't recieve goverment funding?
the MCC is never going to get the funding they really need , like i say we all have our opinions on the matter , and i respect every ones opinion on this ,

cheers guys
I think on this subject it is better to agree to disagree and move on with this subject
(17-12-2010, 02:45pm)1hotbusa Wrote: I think on this subject it is better to agree to disagree and move on with this subject

That's your choice Graham