Aftermarket Cans and Power Commander?
Im looking at fitting some aftermarket cans to my 99 model.

Im going for the exhaust cans and the mid-pipes, ie, changed from the footpegs back with less restricted exhausts.

Q - Do you need to fit a power commander on and 1/2 system?

Q - How can you tell if you require a PC after fitting pipes?

Q - Will the oxygen sensor see that there is a change on flow and re-map and correct the ECU its self for the new exhaust?

Q - If i require a PC, what is the best model or the correct model PC for my bike, Gen 1 1999 model.

Q - And if anyone knows a good mech, dyno or tuner in the great western sydney to assist me with the upgrade?
[quote='ChemoDave' pid='233418' dateline='1294016298']
Im looking at fitting some aftermarket cans to my 99 model.

Im going for the exhaust cans and the mid-pipes, ie, changed from the footpegs back with less restricted exhausts.

Q - Do you need to fit a power commander on and 1/2 system?
Depends how far out fueling is .......... most times a yosh box tune will bring it into correct A/F range
Q - How can you tell if you require a PC after fitting pipes?
Your fueling will be out even before changing pipes, it's also not so much you need a power commander .................. you simply need a means of correcting A/F ratios (Yosh Box, PC)
Q - Will the oxygen sensor see that there is a change on flow and re-map and correct the ECU its self for the new exhaust?
It won't because your bike doesn't have one and even if it did as in the Gen II then once it goes into open loop, in effect it also doesn't have one
Q - If i require a PC, what is the best model or the correct model PC for my bike, Gen 1 1999 model.
Should be plnety good second hand units around to suit the 99 model
Q - And if anyone knows a good mech, dyno or tuner in the great western sydney to assist me with the upgrade?
Ask Simmo [quote]
Thankyou for the info and the answers to each Q, Just the sort of thing I was after.

Cheeeeers
Do you really need a PC, I have been reading so much on the American.org site that Im cunfused.

Im not looking for more HP. Just more noise,etc. Will it harm anything engine wise if I just run it without a PC?

Its a slip-on system (mid-pipes and exhuast from the pegs back).

Has anyone left it running on the stock ECU?
My 2000 still runs on the stock ECU & no power commander & has a 4 into 1 Yoshi system .Runs fine after a Yoshi box tune .There would be plenty of blokes With the stock ECU & no power commander.

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Fitted the pipes on the bike over the weekend.

hmm, was going to post a picture.... but have no idea at the moment, so I'll get on to it later. (any ideas, help)

1. Much smoother throttle
2. Easier reving througt the rev range.
3. A little bit of backfiring, not much, But will get onto the Paired Valve Mod.
4. The noise is just at the level I wanted for commuting everyday.
(The work mate that I pass each day o nthe way to work says he can here me coming from a long way off now, compared to before he shat himself when I tooted the horn passing him, as he didint even know I was there)

5. A little bit of hesitation right at the bottom end of the RPM 1.5-2.500rpm. not sure why yet, but guessing its too much fuel right on cracking the throttle open?

Anyone have a PC3 they would like to sell, PM me please.