4 into 1?
At this stage, the 08 busa goes great, it has duel Yoshi r77 carbon fibre exhausts and goes fantastic, flashtuned, and all. I have been offered Yoshimura 4 into 1's and was wondering would it be worth it in terms of horsepower gain or would there be very little gain. Looks tempting....
There is an old saying - "do not fix what is not broken". If as you saying your busa goes fantastic why change? You will need a dyno tuning and frankly single can makes it look unbalanced - just an opinion.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
There will be a couple of HP difference between the 2 after tuning, for similar money rip the head off and get it ported and gas flowed, 10XXX the gain for similar money.

If you prefer the look and the sound then do it, for the power gain its not worth the outlay
There is a weight loss from fitting a 4-1,depends if the weight bothers you.

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
4 in 1 farster of the mark get it ported like blackzook much beter
I'll go with the 4 -1 before thinking about porting the Gen2 head they are already better then the Gen1 ones
Weight saving you will notice with a few more HP also
there was a white Busa that had the 4 into 1. Personally i didn't like the look of it, but the guy in the shop said that it does give it more power. but that was on the 2010 model, not sure if they are all the same or not.
It's personal pref I think mostly. I myself have never liked twin muffs. I don't think the R55 creates much drag on that side. Very Happy
(28-01-2011, 01:21pm)BJK1 Wrote: It's personal pref I think mostly. I myself have never liked twin muffs. I don't think the R55 creates much drag on that side. Very Happy

Nice looking pipe too, R55.
280+ at PI not pullin either way-and I'd bet my nuts if I had a throttle lock I could steer it with my feet at that speed.
Gday I got 4 into 1 full micron system on mine. Looks good and sounds great
mate do what I did with mine, change the front sprocket by one tooth and then get a speedo healer fitted. This gives the bike more down low off the line power, sure you will loose a little top end but who cares. This mod would be a far cheaper option plus the standard speedo's on Busa's are out from the factory anyway, cheers Steve. ps I think it cost me about $200 all up.