Pesky 1000's
Is anyone else out there having issues keeping up with the newer 1000's , the SP's the new Gixxer, and the exotic 1098, was riding Putty road and these bastards kept on getting the better of me.
Do they know the road better than your good self? Also, putty has tight corners. litre bikes corner faster through 45k advisory signed corners and tighter purely because lighter bikes can corner faster than heavier bikes. This is a universal law that cannot be broken pending on rider experience. If the corners open up beyond that, we can stay with them and sometimes better them if the road condition allows us to. Bells line of is a more open road without the stretches of smooth hotmix that make putty attractive to litres. Bell bird hill can be slippery though, so don't try to push it there unless you know what to look for (cattle shit and stuff). See you up there!
Watch this and listen to what he says.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcuMFxJgxJ4&feature=player_embedded
(31-01-2011, 07:17pm)jamdonut Wrote: Is anyone else out there having issues keeping up with the newer 1000's , the SP's the new Gixxer, and the exotic 1098, was riding Putty road and these bastards kept on getting the better of me.

Not this little black duck. or should that read this little copper/silver duck!

Just coz they ride a better suited bike for the conditions, means you have to ride that little bit harder.

And I especially love rounding up the weekend warriors in all their trackday armour 2up ! Lol3

Having said that I've been blitzed by a 600 on a road that should have been Hayabusa heaven! - Left hand blind tightenning radius, I backed off, he took it flat at 240, got under me. I'm assuming he knew the road - I didn't, and kept a little in reserve. - but I got him a couple later when I could see, we had a laugh about it when we stopped.

There's always a better rider out there! - and there's always a crazier rider out there! Don't sweat it. Have fun riding, and know your limit.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
There's always a better rider out there! - and there's always a crazier rider out there! Don't sweat it. Have fun riding, and know your limit.

+1 That's good advice...
(31-01-2011, 09:25pm)BikerBoy Wrote: Watch this and listen to what he says.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcuMFxJgxJ4&feature=player_embedded

Hmmm. Chop 1.5" off the swingarm you say...
(31-01-2011, 10:34pm)BJK1 Wrote: Hmmm. Chop 1.5" off the swingarm you say...

Yep. I think that Pan got a shorter swingarm for his track Busa too.
I must admit, i was on one of those pesky litres, this 44 gal drum busa is definatly harder to throw around Very Happy but ill get used to it lol
The 'P' platers carve me up - try keeping up with one them on a 250 with an after market red 'P' attached to the number plate.

Fastest thing on the road!
Carpe Diem!
Yeah, the Duke 1098s X 3 got the better of me, all dressed in their track suits , on the way back decided to give her a little stick but wasnt too far behind when I caught up to them back in the city. WhenIi had the GSX 1400, she was very deceptive, used to round up a fair few sporties with it and have some riders wondering what was wrong with them. Might have to sort the suspension and tyre pressures to get her leaning right over and slightly drifting.
Of course a well ridden 1098 would stomp a Busa in the twisties.

No surprise there.
(31-01-2011, 09:25pm)BikerBoy Wrote: Watch this and listen to what he says.

That thing's cool Very Happy
Still not 100% on the handling of the gen 2 on the bends and winds, still a bit of fine tuning to do.
(01-02-2011, 08:09pm)jamdonut Wrote: Still not 100% on the handling of the gen 2 on the bends and winds, still a bit of fine tuning to do.

A little more purchase on the bars would help, a shorter wheelbase and less weight etc etc etc but it's not the bike I bought Very Happy
Gday,i strongly agree with BJKI. Have fun and dont get pressured into doing anything you dont feel comfortable with. They might get you around the corners but you can blast past them on the straights.
every corner tells a story
(01-02-2011, 08:23pm)sutur Wrote:
(01-02-2011, 08:09pm)jamdonut Wrote: Still not 100% on the handling of the gen 2 on the bends and winds, still a bit of fine tuning to do.

A little more purchase on the bars would help, a shorter wheelbase and less weight etc etc etc but it's not the bike I bought Very Happy

Piss the twin stock cannons off for a light 4 into 1 and bolt two BST's on. It will transform the bike and feel nothing like the stock weight.