ECU Flashed by Pete
Yes I know there other threads about this but they are all buried so far back, and I wanted to make sure newer members saw this.

I have only owned my 2010 Busa for a few months now, and though I've ridden bikes for over 25 years, and gradually progressed through the ranks from a couple of 250's to a CBR 600, then a GSX 750F, and now the Busa, the first time I took my new pride and joy out for a ride, I quickly realised this was a bike to be treated with a whole lot of respect.
I never have and still can't wrap my brain around anyone needing to turbo or NOS up something that has so much power already, but I guess I'm gradually becoming an old fart.
I have read many threads and comments about how much better the Busa is after having the ECU flashed, particularly by Pete from Pete's Pitsop, aka "faster faster", and even then I still had doubts that such a great bike could be improved so significantly as to have everyone raving so much about it. But I figured what the heck, I'll see what all the fuss is about, and now here I am RAVING about it.

I'm not all that mechanically or technically minded when it comes to bikes, I just love to ride them. So when Pete asked me what I wanted done, I had no bloody idea. I just told him that I had put Yoshi R77 slip on's and a K&R filer on the bike and that he should do whatever he thought should be done.
I express posted the ECU down to Pete, and even though I live in a 2 horse bloody mining town in the middle of bloody nowhere, Pete had the ECU back to me within 5 days from when I posted it.
Well I've just got back from my first decent ride since I got the ECU back and F#%K me, am I impressed.
I still don't know what Pete did to it, I just know that it feels so much better. It feels so much sharper, so much more responsive, so much more.....EVERYTHING.

He only charged me $250, and now that I have experienced the results, I would pay double, even triple. Pete offered me my money back if I wasn't happy, I'd bet my left nut nobody has ever asked for their money back.
Those of you who haven't had it done yet, believe me, it will be the best $ you ever spend on your Busa.

The only problem that I can think of, is that it will now be so much harder to keep my license.

Thanks Pete. Clap Trophy Clap Trophy Clap
Thanks mate.

When I get time, I intend to take my bike down there and get him to flash it with a R77 4 into 1 on it.
(20-02-2011, 03:37pm)Troppo Wrote: Thanks mate.

When I get time, I intend to take my bike down there and get him to flash it with a R77 4 into 1 on it.

I was going to wait until I had the time to go down but I figured that might be a while away so decided to do it via post. No regrets. Eventually I'll get down that way and any fine tuning that needs to be done can be done then. But for now, I'm over the moon at what he's done without my bike on the dyno.
Sounds great.
Remsta, I have Akra hex dual race full system and Pipercross air filter and also decided on the re-flash like yourself after getting some info from the guys here on the forum. Sent it last week and expect to get it back from Peter tomorrow or Tuesday. Can not wait to experience the differenceDrool
Have one question for you - are you planning to get it on dyno after the re-flash to check the A/F ratio?
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(20-02-2011, 07:28pm)Shifu Wrote: Remsta, I have Akra hex dual race full system and Pipercross air filter and also decided on the re-flash like yourself after getting some info from the guys here on the forum. Sent it last week and expect to get it back from Peter tomorrow or Tuesday. Can not wait to experience the differenceDrool
Have one question for you - are you planning to get it on dyno after the re-flash to check the A/F ratio?

Oh frig, are you just gunna love your bike so much more when you get your ECU back. Bet your first ride will have a grin on your face from ear to ear.
I might get it dyno'd locally if I get the chance some time soon. Pete will do any adjustments necessary once I get it dyno'd, but to be honest, after today's ride, I don't think I'll bother. I expect to get a bit of time off work soon and I want to get down to Brisy to meet my new niece, so I'll probably wait until then and call in to meet Pete on the way through (rumor has it that he's a great bloke to have a beer and a chat with). Any fine tuning can be done then, for now she's running friggin AWSOME!
Yep Peter is the Queensland flasher alright Lol2
the Police have been chasing him for years so have a few Grannies Clap
I need to get out for a ride. Pete's is just far enough. Maybe in the next few weeks.
(21-02-2011, 08:21am)Louwai Wrote: I need to get out for a ride. Pete's is just far enough. Maybe in the next few weeks.

Simmo Fraser Island Smitten .................. love being a back packers guide with a few of your favorite fem duo's thrown in of course. But that bloody sand gets into everything Lol3

Bryan your Welcome anytime but try and keep it vertical otherwise non of your kids will get on the back with you Knuppel2

Remsta glad it has a smile on your face and bring the bourbons bugger the Beer

Shifu your ECU should be back in your hands today I'd reckon ?
Welcome
Does it affect your fuel economy?
(21-02-2011, 12:33pm)jamdonut Wrote: Does it affect your fuel economy?

Hahahahaha. That's priceless. Who thinks of fuel economy when buying a Busa?
(21-02-2011, 12:33pm)jamdonut Wrote: Does it affect your fuel economy?

Given all the stock Busa's are running rich ................... then yes and for the better, unless your right wrist gets a bit anxious that is Coolsmiley
Honestly is it worthwhile getting it done if all I have are R77 slip on's?
After sales service is just as good, I've rung (annoyed the shit out of) pete with issues on my turbo bike and he's on the ball and only to happy to help out. Thanks again pete.
(21-02-2011, 02:28pm)Chuffed Wrote: After sales service is just as good, I've rung (annoyed the shit out of) pete with issues on my turbo bike and he's on the ball and only to happy to help out. Thanks again pete.

No probs at all Pi_thumbsup but credit to Maj also as the mans a walking encyclopedia when it comes to Turbos and then there is also a bloke that used to post here "legend" Pi_thumbsup Thats the best part about collective info ................. always gets a better result.

Ryan G it makes the bike more responsive and deliver power more lineal ......... in one word YES even with no mods the results gained from correct fuelling and set up are well worth the input.