K8 Rectifiers Recall notice
(08-02-2012, 11:36am)simmo Wrote: Better get mine looked at one day, but can be stuffed loosing 1/2 a day getting F around,

I feel your pain. I have to trailer mine in so make that a full day.
/
just got my letter
Anyone have the Aust VIN listing?
(08-02-2012, 10:04am)[UNIT] Wrote: Its another good reason I would rather do this myself.. Suzuki wont allow it.

It does not sound like its Suzuki who does not allow it but your dealer,I changed around 6 of them and none of the bikes went down to any workshop,I just gave them a call,advised them of the VIN number and when the part came in they called me and I went down to replace and sign it off.On a different note if your dealer does not know where the rectifier is I suggest you call Suzuki and tell them what a cockface he is and how could they authorise someone like that work on your/their bikes.
(09-02-2012, 03:04am)1300hayabusa Wrote:
(08-02-2012, 10:04am)[UNIT] Wrote: Its another good reason I would rather do this myself.. Suzuki wont allow it.

It does not sound like its Suzuki who does not allow it but your dealer,I changed around 6 of them and none of the bikes went down to any workshop,I just gave them a call,advised them of the VIN number and when the part came in they called me and I went down to replace and sign it off.On a different note if your dealer does not know where the rectifier is I suggest you call Suzuki and tell them what a cockface he is and how could they authorise someone like that work on your/their bikes.

I questioned suzuki australia on the phone about sending the part and fitting it myself. They wouldnt allow it.
When i said i dont want the local dealer touching my bike they said well that is your choice, if the rectifier fails its all on me.

I might try another dealer and see if they can order the part and send it to me. i dont want to trailer my bike around as i dont have a trailer etc.
/
I got mine order by a semi local dealer, just spoke to them over the phone, and when it arrived I just took my old one in and swapped it over.
They didn't even see the bike I did everything.

I'm sure you could sort something out like that....
I would assume suzuki would be reimbursing them 30min labour so I"m sure the dealerships wouldn't care if you fitted yur self, I think they just need the old unit.
(08-02-2012, 01:14pm)raceworx Wrote: Anyone have the Aust VIN listing?

See post 3
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
I had mine done today ..... apparently, from what I know the rectifier is the module just before the back tyre with fins with its own cover. Had a look after they replaced it it, and that module is still the same one that I have had before I think, it is not new and shiny, still the same corroded dirty one which is what got me suspecting. Do they take them out and reglue,affix them together again, or check to see if they are separating apart? Apparently this dealer has a good reputation so I guess I might have been looking at the wrong part on the bike.
(10-02-2012, 06:19pm)jamdonut Wrote: I had mine done today ..... apparently, from what I know the rectifier is the module just before the back tyre with fins with its own cover. Had a look after they replaced it it, and that module is still the same one that I have had before I think, it is not new and shiny, still the same corroded dirty one which is what got me suspecting. Do they take them out and reglue,affix them together again, or check to see if they are separating apart? Apparently this dealer has a good reputation so I guess I might have been looking at the wrong part on the bike.

you might want to check that as i think youve had sex without your knowledgeCoolsmileyCoolsmileyCoolsmiley

(10-02-2012, 06:19pm)jamdonut Wrote: I had mine done today ..... apparently, from what I know the rectifier is the module just before the back tyre with fins with its own cover. Had a look after they replaced it it, and that module is still the same one that I have had before I think, it is not new and shiny, still the same corroded dirty one which is what got me suspecting. Do they take them out and reglue,affix them together again, or check to see if they are separating apart? Apparently this dealer has a good reputation so I guess I might have been looking at the wrong part on the bike.

That is the corect part and i was under the inpression they were meant to replace it, you might want to follow up
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Just reading about the rectifier,

I enquired at my local spastic Suzuki dealer about replacing mine ages ago. They typicaly never got back to me as they always have done in the past regarding ordering replacement filters and the like.

Anyway, I've done over 60,000K's without any issues, just wondering if I should even bother?????
" Live the Vision "
Quote "When was the last time You did something for the First Time"
You should
when they fault at best you get left on the side of the road, at worst i have seen vid of one that caught fire
Hi,
I have just bought my 2015 hayabusa and saw a heat sink on the rear of the belly pan.
I now assume it is the rectifier reading this thread.
Hope any problems have been fully sorted by now.

Regards Geoff.
This recall is currently underway again and my bike is going in on the 29th March for its second regulator rectifier replacement since new. I have never had a problem but happy to get a new one again.
The local dealer checked the VIN number and confirmed it is within the range of bikes to be done, again.
It's a K8 with build date of November 2007.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO