Bagster cover helps with bike control
When riding you grip the bike with your knees, If you are holding on by the handlebars you are doing it wrong. Handlebars are for turning the bike, not holding on. Holding the bars tight will adversly affect handling.
I personally find my bagster gives my knees better grip to "hold" onto the bike during cornering. Pi_thumbsup

(You'll notice a lot of track bikes have extra grips added to the side of their tanks for this same reason.)
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(25-02-2011, 11:34am)Ward P Wrote: When riding you grip the bike with your knees, If you are holding on by the handlebars you are doing it wrong. Handlebars are for turning the bike, not holding on. Holding the bars tight will adversly affect handling.
I personally find my bagster gives my knees better grip to "hold" onto the bike during cornering. Pi_thumbsup

(You'll notice a lot of track bikes have extra grips added to the side of their tanks for this same reason.)

I agree, but surely if you're riding hard enough for it to make a proper difference, you should be wearing leather pants anyway.
Carpe Diem!
(06-03-2011, 05:29pm)Throwdown! Wrote:
(25-02-2011, 11:34am)Ward P Wrote: When riding you grip the bike with your knees, If you are holding on by the handlebars you are doing it wrong. Handlebars are for turning the bike, not holding on. Holding the bars tight will adversly affect handling.

I agree, but surely if you're riding hard enough for it to make a proper difference, you should be wearing leather pants anyway.

As above, gripping with the knees applies at all speeds on any bike with a forward riding position. The bar grips are there for controlling the bike, not for hanging onto the bike. Locking the arms on the bars is a sure way to understeer into the nearest tree on the outside of a tightening bend.
Similarly when braking, the knees on the tank should be taking most of the load, not the arms.

Yes, leathers do significantly help grip the tank and are a lot more comfortable than jeans.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool