satin sheet
(12-03-2011, 05:48am)Bizket Wrote: Sorry To hear about the unfortunate accedent Davecrowley.

Hope you get well soon and you still get back on a bike. hopefully the insurance is not to much of a loss on the bike.

I like the Putty Road but it is such a worry with the dam wild life. Wombats are common to. A new threat to riders are the DEER since 1994 in the Mellong area and near the paintball before the colo bridge. I lived in the area and noticed it is not good for riders because it is worse on weekends. As most riders like to hit the road early morning and that is the worst time for those dam DEER as they come out onto the road when it is quite. (eg early morning weekends)

Glad you were riding with someone that must have been there for you when you were out to it.

GET WELL SOON
-----no responsibility taken. I wonder if they work on Roos as well ?
http://www.amazon.com/Wind-Activated-Wil...xt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

http://www.deerwhistle.com/?gclid=CLey7d...pAodL3sxEA
(13-03-2011, 10:47am)Xhiler8r Wrote: glad you are ok mate you just cant help it when things jump out in front of you bike is insured and you are alive thats all that matters, and you might have to get the wallabie tested it might have been a drunken female wallbie that this to you cause as you know from another forum member drunken females cause all bike accidents.
DWDs, Spring Loaded Rats n Deer: There is a difference you know
X Dresser#8Lol3
(12-03-2011, 10:43am)davecrowley Wrote: Thanks heaps guys and gals for your thoughts and kindness.My daughter Renee brought me a motorcycle mag for me to read in hospital and I thought how cool is that not trying to talk dad out of rideing anymore,so beautiful. Clap p.s. yes it was a good thing I had a mate rideing with me other wise laying unconcious on the double yellow lines would have been worse situation,and better safety gear is on the shopping list.
For 64 years, your a tuff ol cun* Dave.
Punctured lung (Phnuemothorax), yeah, I had a Massive Right Phnuemothorax, amongst other things that totally butchered all my work medical approvals. My only saving grace was a good leather jacket. I won't get on the Busa now unless wearing both as pictured below, no matter how hot the weather.
Get another Busa & stay alivePi_thumbsup
(14-03-2011, 07:28pm)GRUNTMAX Wrote:
(12-03-2011, 05:48am)Bizket Wrote: Sorry To hear about the unfortunate accedent Davecrowley.

Hope you get well soon and you still get back on a bike. hopefully the insurance is not to much of a loss on the bike.

I like the Putty Road but it is such a worry with the dam wild life. Wombats are common to. A new threat to riders are the DEER since 1994 in the Mellong area and near the paintball before the colo bridge. I lived in the area and noticed it is not good for riders because it is worse on weekends. As most riders like to hit the road early morning and that is the worst time for those dam DEER as they come out onto the road when it is quite. (eg early morning weekends)

Glad you were riding with someone that must have been there for you when you were out to it.

GET WELL SOON
-----no responsibility taken. I wonder if they work on Roos as well ?
http://www.amazon.com/Wind-Activated-Wil...xt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

http://www.deerwhistle.com/?gclid=CLey7d...pAodL3sxEA
(13-03-2011, 10:47am)Xhiler8r Wrote: glad you are ok mate you just cant help it when things jump out in front of you bike is insured and you are alive thats all that matters, and you might have to get the wallabie tested it might have been a drunken female wallbie that this to you cause as you know from another forum member drunken females cause all bike accidents.
DWDs, Spring Loaded Rats n Deer: There is a difference you know
X Dresser#8Lol3
(12-03-2011, 10:43am)davecrowley Wrote: Thanks heaps guys and gals for your thoughts and kindness.My daughter Renee brought me a motorcycle mag for me to read in hospital and I thought how cool is that not trying to talk dad out of rideing anymore,so beautiful. Clap p.s. yes it was a good thing I had a mate rideing with me other wise laying unconcious on the double yellow lines would have been worse situation,and better safety gear is on the shopping list.
For 64 years, your a tuff ol cun* Dave.
Punctured lung (Phnuemothorax), yeah, I had a Massive Right Phnuemothorax, amongst other things that totally butchered all my work medical approvals. My only saving grace was a good leather jacket. I won't get on the Busa now unless wearing both as pictured below, no matter how hot the weather.
Get another Busa & stay alivePi_thumbsup
Doesn't like pictures today;
http://www.bikebandit.com/alpinestars-bi...tor-jacket

http://www.bikebandit.com/alpinestars-sp...-suit-2009

Make sure it's a one piece, zippers break on impact.
My mate swears by the "whistlers" that Gruntmax mentioned. He does a lot of driving up and down the south coast and has never had roo problems since he installed them. He gave me one, but it is still in my shed .. maybe it should be on the bike.

Cheers .. Dale
Good news guys,my busa was written off by insurance company no worries,had it insured for 15000 plus get 500 for helmet,now looking around for another busa gen 2.No rush because to sore to ride yet but getting keen.thanks again. Biker
that's some gr8 news, Dave......now you can juz lay back, get some well needed rest.......and think about what "colour" Biker you like!!!

Coolsmiley
That is good news. But you think your getting keen, I'm 9 months into a 1 year suspension and for the last few nights I've been having Busa dreams all night...vivid ones......
Coffeeyour spot on bazman,i have been looking at colours on my laptop while sprawled out on the lounge, lol.
From personal experience with encounters with the spring loaded rats....best thing you can do is rest mate.....I had a new bike in the shed while I was recovering (wrote off a K3 and bought a K7) and it nearly drove me insane. I was going into the shed, sitting on it, then that progressed to starting it to circulate oil. The only thing that stopped me riding it around the block was my helmet wouldn't go on while I was wearing the neck brace as I couldn't get the helmet past my ears (broke C7 in my neck). Just rest up and forget about riding (doesn't hurt to keep ya eye out for a good deal though).
Best of luck with the recovery.
P.S. I was out on my K7 the day after I got the neck brace off...would've been the same day but had to have a haircut (clippers) and shave the beard off first!!!!
From what I can gather many of you guys and gals have been injured and suffered pain from an accident,but we all forget the pain and get back on in due time,must be something very magical about motorcycles that we cannot explain to a non rider.Smitten
I agree Dave,
Hope to hear good news regarding your insurance, and that you'll soon be back in the saddle.
Get well soon Bro.

Cheers,
Rob
(18-03-2011, 09:04am)RYDRZ Wrote: tathra is at the end the year , will we see you ther bud.

avoiding all wallabies I will be at tathra. Yes
Sorry about your off Dave heres to a quick and full recovery I know it is a lot harder to recover from injury as you get older. I worry about the furry bastards all the time hate having to travel early morning or dusk have had so many near misses with them lately they have bred up with all the good conditions we have had.