satin sheet
Fark that's a bad piece of luck Dave, glad that you're mostly in one piece and are recovering. I bet we have all had close ones with the little bounders and some bigger boomers, silly animals. If she's a write off, you'll be looking for a replacement that will help cover the loss of your Blue.

Glad you're okay and still able to bounce. Go the old boys!
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
a picture of part of the back rim missing just the spoke and inside shot of the tyre.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sorry To hear about the unfortunate accedent Davecrowley.

Hope you get well soon and you still get back on a bike. hopefully the insurance is not to much of a loss on the bike.

I like the Putty Road but it is such a worry with the dam wild life. Wombats are common to. A new threat to riders are the DEER since 1994 in the Mellong area and near the paintball before the colo bridge. I lived in the area and noticed it is not good for riders because it is worse on weekends. As most riders like to hit the road early morning and that is the worst time for those dam DEER as they come out onto the road when it is quite. (eg early morning weekends)

Glad you were riding with someone that must have been there for you when you were out to it.

GET WELL SOON
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
Gey well soon Dave glad your still here to tell us about it
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Thanks heaps guys and gals for your thoughts and kindness.My daughter Renee brought me a motorcycle mag for me to read in hospital and I thought how cool is that not trying to talk dad out of rideing anymore,so beautiful. Clap p.s. yes it was a good thing I had a mate rideing with me other wise laying unconcious on the double yellow lines would have been worse situation,and better safety gear is on the shopping list.
Glad to hear you came out in not too bad condition Dave. Hope you're back on a busa (if maybe not the blue girl) really soon mate.

Cheers .. Dale
Scary Scary Scary WOW all that from a little wallaby, good to know you've came out semi - alright man, hopefully you have insurance to replace the poor ol' Busa.... Did anyone check the wallaby for joeys in it's pouch?
[Image: hayabusa-5.jpg] [Image: HayabusaLogo-Grey.gif]
Hope you have a Quick Recovery Dave.
Cheers Mick
(12-03-2011, 06:33pm)BUSABAZZ Wrote: Scary Scary Scary WOW all that from a little wallaby, good to know you've came out semi - alright man, hopefully you have insurance to replace the poor ol' Busa.... Did anyone check the wallaby for joeys in it's pouch?

oops,starting to feel a bit guilty now,I know some army guys dragged it from the centre of the road
dont feel guilty, it was obviously the wallabys time, just a shame it took you out with it
glad you are ok mate you just cant help it when things jump out in front of you bike is insured and you are alive thats all that matters, and you might have to get the wallabie tested it might have been a drunken female wallbie that this to you cause as you know from another forum member drunken females cause all bike accidents.
Cheers [Image: th_arg-x-50-transa.gif]
Hope ya heal up well, Dave.....

Sounds like you were at the right place....but just at the wrong time (...or maybe at the [see 5th paragraph] RIGHT time)!

I've got a few roads near me that have same/similar hazzards, and am always a little nervous when I'm riding them at certain times (ie: early morning; late arvo; night time)!

Hope this nasty incident doesn't put you off riding (especially busa's) in the future!?!

There may be a few moments whilst you're recovering that you find yourself asking the usual "what if's" [there was heavy traffic around you when you went down on the road?] and "if only's" [I'd spent just five more minutes at the last stop?]....but as hard as it is to do, try not to think too much about that sorta stuff, coz it can get ya feeling a bit down.

Not too sure what your views are on this sorta stuff....but I truly believe that there are many mysterious forces at work ALL around each and every single one of us and maybe, JUST maybe.....that furry little critter was ACTUALLY one of ur BEST guardian angels....and needed to pull you up or slow you down ANY way it could....in order to PROTECT you from an even WORSE fate, lying just a little further up the road!?! (....just a bit of food for thought Nerd)

Juz try to keep an optimistic mindset about the whole situation.....the best you can do is to ALWAYS strive to turn a (seemingly) negative into a POSITIVE!!!! (a chance to upgrade to a gen2 perhaps?!?) Pi_thumbsup

Recover well....and lookin' forward to seeing you down at the Tathra Beach BUSA BASH later on this year on your.....NEW BUSA!!!!! BikerYes

bazman
Coolsmiley
While on trial for highway speeding over the national limit, a judge once asked me:

"224!? What would have happened to you if a kangaroo had jumped out in front of you at that speed?"

Classic! Isn't it?! Textbook ignorance. What would have happened if a kangaroo jumped out in front of me at 110, you senile old twat?!

Good to see you're alive mate, sincerely sorry about the bike and any damage to yourself.
(13-03-2011, 10:59am)bazman Wrote: Hope ya heal up well, Dave.....

Sounds like you were at the right place....but just at the wrong time (...or maybe at the [see 5th paragraph] RIGHT time)!

I've got a few roads near me that have same/similar hazzards, and am always a little nervous when I'm riding them at certain times (ie: early morning; late arvo; night time)!

Hope this nasty incident doesn't put you off riding (especially busa's) in the future!?!

There may be a few moments whilst you're recovering that you find yourself asking the usual "what if's" [there was heavy traffic around you when you went down on the road?] and "if only's" [I'd spent just five more minutes at the last stop?]....but as hard as it is to do, try not to think too much about that sorta stuff, coz it can get ya feeling a bit down.

Not too sure what your views are on this sorta stuff....but I truly believe that there are many mysterious forces at work ALL around each and every single one of us and maybe, JUST maybe.....that furry little critter was ACTUALLY one of ur BEST guardian angels....and needed to pull you up or slow you down ANY way it could....in order to PROTECT you from an even WORSE fate, lying just a little further up the road!?! (....just a bit of food for thought Nerd)

Juz try to keep an optimistic mindset about the whole situation.....the best you can do is to ALWAYS strive to turn a (seemingly) negative into a POSITIVE!!!! (a chance to upgrade to a gen2 perhaps?!?) Pi_thumbsup

Recover well....and lookin' forward to seeing you down at the Tathra Beach BUSA BASH later on this year on your.....NEW BUSA!!!!! BikerYes

bazman
Coolsmiley

understand everything you are saying bazman and tathra on gen 2 is my plan.thanks mate.
Hopefully a quick recovery mate, know the feeling when I came off my GSXR1100 back in 95, 6 months with a stuffed back and endless pain, but I am back, better than ever.