gsxr1000 tail
hi guys, wondering if anyone has any photos, specs, dimensions of the gsxr1000 tail conversion for the busa, i have access to a full machine shop, and have done this kind of thing before, and maybe i can start working on the bike while stuck at home,

if i cant get enough info, once back at work ill just buy the tail and subframe and go from there
Hey mate, contact RYDRZ....he might have some info for ya!?! Undecided

Coolsmiley
http://www.schnitzracingstore.com/catalo...prevnext=1

or

http://www.schnitzracingstore.com/catalo...prevnext=1
hi bazman, currently speaking to RYDRZ through pm :), thanks

gruntmax, just looking at those links, looks like theres a little difference in mounting points, nothing i cant handle though, i wonder if theres a width difference, cheers for the links
I've done my bike with a custom subframe, but the easiest way is to buy the greggs tail subframe..
/
(22-03-2011, 02:25pm)Skidmarx Wrote: hi bazman, currently speaking to RYDRZ through pm :), thanks

gruntmax, just looking at those links, looks like theres a little difference in mounting points, nothing i cant handle though, i wonder if theres a width difference, cheers for the links

There's a swingarm n Catlayst link there as well. Good for ideas for the DIYer.
SFrame +12" with radiator n fan cause there's no room left up the bow with your GT35R turbo n raked back front end n 16" Fwheel.Pi_thumbsup
U may get a Taiwanese el cheapo plastic gixxer tail cowl.
TTS Performance in UK might have something as well?
I have the gregs customs subframe.....

fits great!

http://greggscustoms.com/

about 1k for the kit, then you just need the plastics and the rear passenger support....
^ +1

I also use a 3 degree raked triple tree from Soupy's to clear the turbo. Highly recommended, but the bars end up more "sportfighter" than race.

Skidmarx, I had a GSXR1000 k8 subframe and tail with the intention of converting mine. The kits replace the bottom section of the sub frame they are well made and could be easily reproduced. But I also think it would be easy to fab a transition piece between the busa chassis and the 1000 sub frame if you wanted to keep the full 1000 subframe.
quite a bit of good info so far, thanks guys :)

#CAS#, by only replacing the bottom section, then the top section bassicly just bolts strait on to the busa frame?
hi mate,

Ive found some old photos of my bike during the build.

the tail peice is made of 2 parts. A standard gsxr1k rear (seat box) and the adapter as such from the busa frame to this seat box. I have highlighted the 4 bolts in red, showing the adaptor subframe before final fabrication.

I hope this helps.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

/
The advantage of paying the 900 odd for the Greggs kit is it comes with a custom seat and battery tray along with all the bolts. I couldn't CAD/CAM a unit for that amount (respectively) which is why I ended up buying one.

If for no other reason, you could jig up the Greggs subframe mounts and do anything you like with the design in between (solid, trellis etc). You could then sell it once you're done.
We fully fabbed mine from scratch and customized the gixxer panels to fit.
We also did the no box mod and a mountain of other stuff on the bike.

[Image: 5149507855_85ee7268f4_z.jpg]

Dubs
[Image: 6814.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1248914735]
(30-03-2011, 02:20pm)Dubs Wrote: We fully fabbed mine from scratch and customized the gixxer panels to fit.
We also did the no box mod and a mountain of other stuff on the bike.

[Image: 5149507855_85ee7268f4_z.jpg]

Dubs

Clap Once you go black you don't go back.....very nice!!! Clap What colour black is that (if it's not a secret)
thanks mate, not sure if the color has a name, it is black with a blue fleck in it, done by Potato from Straightline2ten paint in Morley WA.
He also painted the frame and swinger as they were silver ally before.

Dubs`
Heres my subframe
[Image: 5573638592_28e0874e0d.jpg]

Mock up

[[Image: 5573643834_b4f722e5da.jpg]

the one piece side panel

[Image: 5573638598_0d666d6bf8.jpg]

side panels with underside now attached

[Image: 5573638602_c9a3dd10ae.jpg]

Hopefully this can give you some different ideas if you are still looking at doing it all yourself.

Dubs
[Image: 6814.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1248914735]