RTA want 3,000 more cameras
There are reports the number of mobile speed cameras across NSW is set to soar, with the RTA secretly planning 3,000 more. Jason Morrison says it's about fairness in enforcement, and the RTA should be servants of the public.

Andrew Stoner should be our Roads Minister after Saturday's election. He thinks the Labor party have been so focused on their own internal machinations that they have allowed the RTA to go its own way.

He reveals what changes he will bring about, the 'mindless revenue raising devices' and whether he will stop the growing power of the RTA

have a listen to this guys
http://www.2ue.com.au/blogs/2ue-blog/tim....html#next
And they want to have ZT for speed so 61 in a 60 your gone Pi_thumbsdown
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
This is totally nuts. Many countries are winding this back and we're moving in the opposite direction. This will go horribly wrong at some point and they need to keep revenue raising and road safety separate, because it's getting out of control - just tax us properly and enforce all road rules, not just speeding.

I'm 2 inches away from losing my licence for 8 months and the only time I've ever speeded is from being tailgated on the motorway (ignored by Police) or to get pass a lane hogger (ignored by Police) to make my turn off. Unfortunately the last time was Easter and that got me 8 points on double demerits after a cop with a speed gun (supposedly) in a parked car was informing the trap 500 metres further on.

If I lose my licence, I really couldn't do my 2 jobs and would lose them as well. So, for a few hundred dollars in fines, they'll lose a lot more in my income taxes. On top of that, I'm the sole earner in my family and financially my kid would be better off if I was dead, which then becomes something to consider.

The way speed traps are organised they're getting all the wrong people (on the way to and from work), instead of the real hooligans (who leave signiture doughnut skidmarks in the early hours) and street racers who are in bed until mid-day and happy with a career on Centrelink payments.

Their solution so far is to try and protect the revenue by moving points from 12 to 13 (NSW), but I'd really like them to get the tailgaters and lane hoggers when they might then raise revenue and improve safety at the same time - it'd certainly improve the driving experience.
Carpe Diem!
sorry but you aussie people really need to get your hard core law enforcement laws sorted out because our silly arse government see what australia get away with then start doing the same police state stuff here. the police here dont give a rats arse about drivers holding traffic up on the open road they only care about the bloke thats goes over 110 to get passed the person holding up 20 cars its money and money only that they are after. over here (N.Z.) thet hind in the dark then turn around and say they like motorist to see the police presents yeah only if you have night vision glass,s. but we shouldn,t moan look at the flash cars we buy them with our hard earned money. BumpPolice
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
(25-03-2011, 10:05am)big kev Wrote: There are reports the number of mobile speed cameras across NSW is set to soar, with the RTA secretly planning 3,000 more. Jason Morrison says it's about fairness in enforcement, and the RTA should be servants of the public.

Andrew Stoner should be our Roads Minister after Saturday's election. He thinks the Labor party have been so focused on their own internal machinations that they have allowed the RTA to go its own way.

He reveals what changes he will bring about, the 'mindless revenue raising devices' and whether he will stop the growing power of the RTA

the mongrels spend money on cameras but none for road maintenance which will help bring down the road toll as NSW roads are greatly under funded, wheres all our rego money going.( 3x3) 3cents for 3 years still in after about 20 years.
I was told [by my old man] that in NSW the cameras are going to be operated by a private company and he said thay asked motorists not to take the fines to court because it will overload the system.Idiot2
everyone should dispute the fines I recon especially the 10k and under. Who's speedo is correct to a gps, nothing I have ever owned has been.
"If you're going through hell, keep going"
It will happen here too, (WA) I suspect...once the greedy bastards see how much money starts rolling in...now the company that runs the private cameras it is owned by a bleeding bank...they don't need any excuse to screw as much money out of anything!! What joke.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
This is odd, didn't they just decommission 30 odd cameras across the state that were proven to have had no effect on reducing the number of crashes in the area?? (...probably because there never were any crashes in those locations to begin with)
(10-08-2011, 07:51pm)highwaybruiser Wrote: This is odd, didn't they just decommission 30 odd cameras across the state that were proven to have had no effect on reducing the number of crashes in the area?? (...probably because there never were any crashes in those locations to begin with)

They won't making enought money I would think Nerd
(05-05-2011, 01:19pm)DAVE01 Wrote: I was told [by my old man] that in NSW the cameras are going to be operated by a private company and he said thay asked motorists not to take the fines to court because it will overload the system.Idiot2
everyone should dispute the fines I recon especially the 10k and under. Who's speedo is correct to a gps, nothing I have ever owned has been.

I think they are already, some of the new car / van ones are already
(10-08-2011, 07:51pm)highwaybruiser Wrote: This is odd, didn't they just decommission 30 odd cameras across the state that were proven to have had no effect on reducing the number of crashes in the area?? (...probably because there never were any crashes in those locations to begin with)

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe Simmo is correct. They weren't making enough profit so they got sacked .. Lol3
(04-05-2011, 06:22pm)crumpy Wrote:
(25-03-2011, 10:05am)big kev Wrote: There are reports the number of mobile speed cameras across NSW is set to soar, with the RTA secretly planning 3,000 more. Jason Morrison says it's about fairness in enforcement, and the RTA should be servants of the public.

the mongrels spend money on cameras but none for road maintenance which will help bring down the road toll as NSW roads are greatly under funded, wheres all our rego money going.( 3x3) 3cents for 3 years still in after about 20 years.

well said Crumpy Clap spot on!!!