External fuel pump and acc advice
Well I thought I had my old 99 fuel pump going but after going to all the trouble of dismantelling it cycled twice and stopped dead again.

So I would like some advice please on new inline pump I have read a bit on Bosch 044 and Walbro 255 which seem to be the most popular.

As I understand it I will need fuel filter fuel pump fuel regulator adjustable type and bits to connect it all up with.

So I would appreciate any and all advice on setup types install guides etc

I am getting quite edgy now I am close to getting her running again its been 4 years now since my little off and I haven't had my leg over since and now my leg is just about as good as it will get I want to start enjoying myself again and what better way then go for a ride.

Thanks

Jim
(20-04-2011, 12:45am)BusaJim Wrote: Well I thought I had my old 99 fuel pump going but after going to all the trouble of dismantelling it cycled twice and stopped dead again.

So I would like some advice please on new inline pump I have read a bit on Bosch 044 and Walbro 255 which seem to be the most popular.

As I understand it I will need fuel filter fuel pump fuel regulator adjustable type and bits to connect it all up with.

So I would appreciate any and all advice on setup types install guides etc

I am getting quite edgy now I am close to getting her running again its been 4 years now since my little off and I haven't had my leg over since and now my leg is just about as good as it will get I want to start enjoying myself again and what better way then go for a ride.

Thanks

Jim

I'm no expert here Jim But ,I thought at sometime I read on this forum ,that one model commodore( VN Maybe ,Don't know )Pump will either fit straight on or is easily adaptable but don't hold me to it .I've got a 2000 so paid particular attention . Some one on here Know's .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
I have fitted 10 or so external pumps with turbo stuff fairly similar to what you want to do.
walbro gs392 is small , easy to fit, lots more capacity than you will need . bosch 044 is too big for your needs and uses lots of power .VL commodore std replacement pumps are fine , a little bigger than the walbro .
walbro has threaded ends so you can use banjo bolts or 90 deg bends to fit easier , the commodore pump has a 12mm inlet and 8mm out , fixed barbs, little difficult getting a nice fit between the tank and pump with the bigger hose not fitting the tank properly and kinking easier.
easy to fit filter is the little gm inline with steel body .
and a sard inline regulator is very compact and doesn't vary pressures with undertank temps .
just be carefull to route your fuel lines so the can't kink, its the biggest PITA of the whole thing , i route my pump supply from the tank and around the back above the crossmember and back into the engine area on the opposite side so the tank can open and close without problem
here is a pic of my gen 2 layout, filter is before the pump as i have no screen at the tank outlet, yours will have a screen and the filter can go after the pump , depending on clearance and fuel line size i sometimes use a 6mm alminium spacer under the tank rear mounts , but the gen 2 is tighter and i'm using 400psi hydraulic hose for fuel line due to increased fuel pressure at hi boost .
[Image: 08busa107.jpg]
Another option is a bosch 910.
There is no strong performance without a little fanaticism in the performer