Is there any difference from a K8 to a K11 (2011)
Traction control on a car just seems to cut the power and/or apply braking to a wheel which is totally wrong for a motorcycle. Idiot2
I haven't ridden a bike with traction control, but I assume it would have to be nothing like that.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(25-04-2011, 07:50pm)Ward P Wrote: Traction control on a car just seems to cut the power and/or apply braking to a wheel which is totally wrong for a motorcycle. Idiot2
I haven't ridden a bike with traction control, but I assume it would have to be nothing like that.

I watched, heard or read something about it recently (I think they were talking about it on MotoGP). From what I can recall sensors monitor the revolutions of the rear wheel against the rpm of the engine & bike speed. If it's not all in sync then fuel is restricted to temporarily back the power off. I suppose in a way it would be like having a pre-programmed ABC mode selector from a GenII that can auto select the mode itself based on what data the sensors pick up.
(25-04-2011, 07:45pm)Ward P Wrote: The new traction control is more to get the maximum power to the ground on acceleration out of the corners. The bikes without it just wont be able to keep up.

Personally, I love to slide the back out, but when it's on my terms. I would love to be able to put the maximum power down out of the corners every time, under every condition.

The trouble is OCCASIONALLY when I hoon, I can get a little heavy on the throttle, and on different roads with different surfaces the back can step out quickly and unexpectedly, when it happens accidentally it can catch me off guard and I have been guilty(once or twice) of chopping the throttle before I've even realised it. Even though I know it's the worst thing to do. I'm sure everyone is guilty of having done this!

I would love to have the bike sense that it has let go, stop acceleration and hold the throttle for an instant allowing some slide, but stopping me from backing off. This would give me an instant to realise and regain control.

And of course . . . there would need to an off switch for when you want to play.

You can keep your ABS and linked brakes though! Braking is a conscious decision - as opposed to the right hand which isn't always Confused
(25-04-2011, 01:32pm)BUSGO Wrote: The K8 busa was one of the first bikes to introduce a form of traction control in the A-B-C mode selector. A great innovation for people new to the power but not much more than a novelty to regular riders except in wet and slippery conditions to cut back on power to the wheel.
Any form of traction control on the busa will reduce the fun factor of spinning up the wheels that I'm sure most of us enjoy regularly. I have traction control in my car and it pisses me off when it cuts in.
Just My Opinion.

Pi_thumbsup

Real Men don't need traction control the next thing they will do is speed limited it to 110 kph Pi_freak
BMW. ZX10's, traction control ? As much as I love my Busa, when did it start getting compared with true sports bikes ?
The Busa ( IMO ) is a sports tourer, nothing more, nothing less. That's why you need to throw $$$ at it when the rider comes to the realisation that they should have purchased or should be riding a " sports bike " .
As I said, love the bike, but seriously, next thing people will be starting to compare it to the 1198R and want data logging etc,etc.
There, that should keep it going for a while Very Happy
(29-04-2011, 07:11am)Hoddo Wrote: BMW. ZX10's, traction control ? As much as I love my Busa, when did it start getting compared with true sports bikes ?

(29-04-2011, 09:24am)BikerBoy Wrote:
(29-04-2011, 07:11am)Hoddo Wrote: BMW. ZX10's, traction control ? As much as I love my Busa, when did it start getting compared with true sports bikes ?

Seriously ? 260 Kg sports bike ?
The Busa ( IMO ) is a sports tourer, nothing more, nothing less. That's why you need to throw $$$ at it when the rider comes to the realisation that they should have purchased or should be riding a " sports bike " .
As I said, love the bike, but seriously, next thing people will be starting to compare it to the 1198R and want data logging etc,etc.

You speak the truth Hoddo, you've just chosen the wrong place to speak it Roll
I don't think that Hoddo has chosen the wrong place to speak about what he said, and I do disagree although understand perfectly what he means and where he is coming from.

IMO calling the Busa a Sports Tourer is both accurate and also incorrect. Let's face it, even Suzuki themselves list the Busa as a Supersport along with the GSXR1000,750 and 600.
There is a whole other catagory for Sports Tourers and the Busa aint in it. What is Sports Touring? Is touring even a sport? What is a true Sports Bike?

What I think gets lost in translation these days is "what is a Sportsbike", and "what is a bike suited for track racing". The lines are now becoming increasingly blured and the Busa is being compared
to bikes with new technology that are built on a level that is more ideal for closed circuit racing. Obviosly the stock Busa is not in that catagory. We all know that.

The beauty of the Busa is that it is what you want it to be. It has no ideal tag that can be applied and pigeon holed into a specific catagory.
If you want a tourer, sportbike, track bike, drag bike you got one, and don't forget the Busa is not being compared to the other bikes.
It's the other bikes manufacturers, media and the bike owners that are trying to compare it to a Busa. Just like it's always been.

As Busa riders, We know what we own and love them for what they are, regardless of what catagory we get pushed into or the comparisons that get made.
(29-04-2011, 10:04pm)BikerBoy Wrote: I don't think that Hoddo has chosen the wrong place to speak about what he said, and I do disagree although understand perfectly what he means and where he is coming from.

IMO calling the Busa a Sports Tourer is both accurate and also incorrect. Let's face it, even Suzuki themselves list the Busa as a Supersport along with the GSXR1000,750 and 600.
There is a whole other catagory for Sports Tourers and the Busa aint in it. What is Sports Touring? Is touring even a sport? What is a true Sports Bike?

What I think gets lost in translation these days is "what is a Sportsbike", and "what is a bike suited for track racing". The lines are now becoming increasingly blured and the Busa is being compared
to bikes with new technology that are built on a level that is more ideal for closed circuit racing. Obviosly the stock Busa is not in that catagory. We all know that.

The beauty of the Busa is that it is what you want it to be. It has no ideal tag that can be applied and pigeon holed into a specific catagory.
If you want a tourer, sportbike, track bike, drag bike you got one, and don't forget the Busa is not being compared to the other bikes.
It's the other bikes manufacturers, media and the bike owners that are trying to compare it to a Busa. Just like it's always been.

As Busa riders, We know what we own and love them for what they are, regardless of what catagory we get pushed into or the comparisons that get made.

Thanks Bikerboy, exactly what I was looking for. As stated, love the bike, proud to say I have one. Being new to the Busa scene I was honestly curious to see what the reaction would be to my rant from the long term lovers of the beast.
Definately wasnt intended to offend people, rightly or wrongly, it was just my opinion.
(26-04-2011, 10:47am)simmo Wrote:
(25-04-2011, 01:32pm)BUSGO Wrote: The K8 busa was one of the first bikes to introduce a form of traction control in the A-B-C mode selector. A great innovation for people new to the power but not much more than a novelty to regular riders except in wet and slippery conditions to cut back on power to the wheel.
Any form of traction control on the busa will reduce the fun factor of spinning up the wheels that I'm sure most of us enjoy regularly. I have traction control in my car and it pisses me off when it cuts in.
Just My Opinion.

Pi_thumbsup

Real Men don't need traction control the next thing they will do is speed limited it to 110 kph Pi_freak

hell simmo thats all mine does Scary was taking to a cop oneday and he asked me how fast i,ve had the busa up to and i said i came accross this long straight and i managed to get 110kph out of it some how i don,t think he believed me. Pi_freak
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
(29-04-2011, 09:46am)Hoddo Wrote:
(29-04-2011, 09:24am)BikerBoy Wrote:

Seriously ? 260 Kg sports bike ?

D'ya reckon I have rose coloured glasses ????, but I reckon a 'busa would be as quick as any of the litre bikes on a real world, normal, rough, bumpy potholed, windy, aussie road. (you know, the ones where there aren't cameras!!!) I haven't ridden the latest Duc, so as I said, it maybe through rose coloured glasses. What d'ya reckon?

One thing I would put money on, is that I'd rather carry/ or be a pillion on a 'busa goin' flat knackers on the same winding bumpy potholed road than any of the litres (mind you, I get scared easy on the back!!)

Purely to keep it going . . . Pi_tongue

"Dead Stock" there's nothing wrong with EVEN the Gen1. Not that keen on a data logger either!!!, but out on the road it's blown many many a sports bike into the weeds through the mountains, and NEVER been demoralised. But yes, you can tour on it too!
P.S.
But . . . I really want a litre bike as my new toy (you are a bastard Wayne Smitten)