Playing favourites
(11-05-2011, 12:00pm)Belzybob Wrote: Do we have anyone that has ridden/driven a lot on the right hand side of the road ( I mean in a continental Europenan or Asian sense)? By my theory anyone in that situation will prefer right hand bends, IMHO I don't believe its a right hand/left hand issue.

I am from there and have ridden/driven on the right side of the road a lot. Even now, on every trip we do 8-10k there. I do not think it is related to the side of the road as all Australian riders would prefer the left handers which is not the case here. Could it be dependent on which side of the brain is more active - artistic/creative vs technical? I read that creative people use more of their right half of the brain unlike the technically minded that use more of the left side. Could it be that?
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Put me down for LH corners being more comfortable! Then spare a thought for me doing track days at wanaroo, only one LH corner!
I don't know why but suspect it's because the throttle needs to be worked while cornering. Whereas turning left, you can just concentrate on pushing down at a steady pressure and you can change your grip a bit, whereas on the RH side it's all about how much juice you're prepared to risk.
Maybe it's because I'm old and sleep on my left side?
I had this issue a few years back - but now it does not matter - sometimes I found it is the riding position that I needed to adjust, but a fused wrist will do that as well hehe :)
Can't remember what I did to get over it - ride more corners and get over it I think was the way I went about it lol
[Image: nocensorship.gif]
. I had a major spill on a lefty and bunged my self up realy bad but saved the ducati . but like most on here i like the left corners far better than a right
every corner tells a story