BRIDGESTONE BT023
(15-12-2013, 04:52pm)revhead Wrote: guys i fitted a set of mich pilot pures as recommended by Mono ,i must say they beat he bridgestone pireli,s that i usually use hands down ,in the wet they are great ,i dont like going hard in the rain but in one point on my ride to radelaide this year it hailed and rained for 60ks the bike sat rock solid on the road

ive got around 5k on them now and the tyres are still in great nick.

I agree with Revhead....I've got Pure on the front & PR2 on the rear....love the feel of the Pure up front.
As I said.. I was looking at the PR2 or Angel GT but for $100 less for the set I just have to give the BT023 a go... all the reviews I read say they are a good double compound, long wearing touring tyre that can handle wet and hard riding. And we all know I am not a hard rider LOL
oh.. well....
Just placed the order today $375 for the set of Bridgestone BT023 deliviered to my door. Now I have fingers crossed they will get here in time for me to get them on for christmas... Booked in bike to have tyres fitted & balances next Monday...

Thanks Mrs Mono for the service

BTW.. for those that want the low down on the tyres
BT023 Specs
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(16-12-2013, 06:05am)CeeJay07 Wrote:
(15-12-2013, 04:52pm)revhead Wrote: guys i fitted a set of mich pilot pures as recommended by Mono ,i must say they beat he bridgestone pireli,s that i usually use hands down ,in the wet they are great ,i dont like going hard in the rain but in one point on my ride to radelaide this year it hailed and rained for 60ks the bike sat rock solid on the road

ive got around 5k on them now and the tyres are still in great nick.

I agree with Revhead....I've got Pure on the front & PR2 on the rear....love the feel of the Pure up front.

It is all personal choice, but I don't like the way the "Pures" squirm around on the rear, I have played with pressures, and although they haven't let go, I just don't like the feel of them on the rear. Tried a set on my gen1 and bought the Gen2 with them on. Don't last long either! I liked the Road2ct - but they would let go out of corners under hard acceleration. For me - I love the Dunlop Q2 - never had a moment no matter how hard I've pushed them.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Got set of these BT 003 from Rocky Mountain $320 Del
Did a couple of sessions at Eastern Creek no issues 4oo ks in the wet again no issues although I wouldn't push them in the wet 3000ks total looking ok a little squared off but to be expected for most of it was HWY stuff happy with how they feel.

" SO MANY TURKEYS IN THE WORLD ARE YOU ONE "
Thanks driller...
If posts I read are right then the BT021 gets u about 10,000 ks and the BT023 is supposed to go another 30% more.. So 13,000ks???
That's good mileage in my books
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

[Image: 2n0ok6c.jpg]

8000km on these BT23 and have had no problems on my ninja 1000
Though my riding style is touring / old fart/ not many points

Jake Wilson has them for about 300 a set although the rate is not so good at the moment
Got let down by Oz Post... Tyres have not turned up yet

Fingers crossed for Monday as bike is booked to have them changed then LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

It's a Christmas miracle... Tyres turned up this morning, Saturday

A big thanks to Mr & Mrs Mono for the added extras that came with tyres... 90deg valves, t shirt and can't forget little packet of lollies (Saturday morning sugar fix is compete now)

WOOOO HOOOO the 99 gets new boots on Monday
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Bat, how do the new tyres feel? Are they up to expectaion?
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
Managed to scrub off most the shine from them on weekend, still got a small chicken strip to get ride of though LOL
Tyres feels good to me, sit on road nice, soak up the little dumps better than previous tyres and are very directional.
I did drop the bike in gravel however this was nothing to do with tyres, more the moron in control (or lack there of)

Have to get rid of an ever increasing miss (thinking new spark plugs needed) so that I can play on corners better. I find it a bit unnerving to be dealing with hiccups and misses while swinging bike over but thats just me :)
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1