BRIDGESTONE BT023
Hi has anyone used the bridgestone BT023 on their busa. Im up for tire replacement front and back. at present i have bt015 front and bt021 rear. I love the 015 but not that keen on the 021 it seems to move around abit. Now its time for replacement i,m thinking the 015 or the 023 so any info will be great. cheers.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
Judging from designation and factory info the 23's will be worse than 21's giving more mileage but less grip due to harder compounds. Really more of a touring than sporting tyre. I guess it depends on what you are after. I have 16's and I am pretty happy with them as well but itching to try the new 3rs's. Cheers
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
a few blokes who own GSX1400's are running these, and one bloke reckons they are the best tyres he has used in over 30 years of riding. I havent used them myself, tyre choice is getting harder all the time with so many good choices now.
thank guys. yes its sure getting harder to decide on tires nowadays. i liked the BT016s the busa came out with but at $650 a set you gotta think twice. I,m tempted to give the conty sport attack ago they suppose to be pretty much the same as the BT016 and $120 a set less. Hard to talk to the dealers as they try and sell you the tire they can make the most on.
(04-07-2011, 08:37am)grumpy Wrote: thank guys. yes its sure getting harder to decide on tires nowadays. i liked the BT016s the busa came out with but at $650 a set you gotta think twice. I,m tempted to give the conty sport attack ago they suppose to be pretty much the same as the BT016 and $120 a set less. Hard to talk to the dealers as they try and sell you the tire they can make the most on.

I can't recall if it was BT20 or BT21 that I had fitted on my FZ1, but they were awful. Went to Pirelli Diablos and it became a bike that not only handled, but also on which I felt more secure. Perhaps the 23s are better, but I doubt it.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
(30-06-2011, 02:14pm)grumpy Wrote: Hi has anyone used the bridgestone BT023 on their busa. Im up for tire replacement front and back. at present i have bt015 front and bt021 rear. I love the 016 but not that keen on the 021 it seems to move around abit. Now its time for replacement i,m thinking the 015 or the 023 so any info will be great. cheers.

Hi, I've had them on my bike for 10,000 km and they still have tread to spare. I've had no problems with grip although I do ride fairly leisurely most of the time. Probably ideal for touring due to the dual compound but if you ride hard get a sportier tyre. Glenn
The gen II came out with 015's. The OEM 015's are different and better than the ones you will get from the shops. If you ride hard the 016's edges are too soft for the torque of the busa. Michellin pilot road 3 are a great alround tyre and would be my choice.
Regards,

John

2fast4u
(30-06-2011, 02:14pm)grumpy Wrote: Hi has anyone used the bridgestone BT023 on their busa. Im up for tire replacement front and back. at present i have bt015 front and bt021 rear. I love the 015 but not that keen on the 021 it seems to move around abit. Now its time for replacement i,m thinking the 015 or the 023 so any info will be great. cheers.

UK Mag "BIKE" rated 023's as their TOP ST tyre and they've tested them all.
(17-09-2011, 07:29am)FalcoPerigri Wrote:
(30-06-2011, 02:14pm)grumpy Wrote: Hi has anyone used the bridgestone BT023 on their busa. Im up for tire replacement front and back. at present i have bt015 front and bt021 rear. I love the 015 but not that keen on the 021 it seems to move around abit. Now its time for replacement i,m thinking the 015 or the 023 so any info will be great. cheers.

UK Mag "BIKE" rated 023's as their TOP ST tyre and they've tested them all.

have ended up putting a BT016pro on the front and a BT016p hyposport on the rear so once i,m able to ride again i,ll see how they handle.
here is some free reading.... http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-top-...35-10.html
(17-09-2011, 10:32am)raceworx Wrote: here is some free reading.... http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-top-...35-10.html

How much can you trust the review paid for by the tire manufacturer?
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
well i run the BT021 on my busa and i was not impressed with it. seemed to move all over the place in the corners even went as far as rechecking my tire pressures and making sure the nut holding the axle on was tight. but will admit as the 021 got to the end of its life it was good but abit late for a tire to get good. wasn,t too bad in the wet seemed to inspire confidence in the wet. wont put another 021 on i got 10,000k from it so thats not too bad.
Mono for. Here has offered a great deal on the BT023... So I am gunna give them a go as all the crap I have read about do or don't cancels each other out.
I guess it's a do and see scenario...

Crack r showing on the centre strip of the 99 and the 01 has BT015 on them... Was gunna go for PR2 or Angel GT but Mono's price has me going back the Bridgestone.

Will keep you informed of how they go..
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
guys i fitted a set of mich pilot pures as recommended by Mono ,i must say they beat he bridgestone pireli,s that i usually use hands down ,in the wet they are great ,i dont like going hard in the rain but in one point on my ride to radelaide this year it hailed and rained for 60ks the bike sat rock solid on the road

ive got around 5k on them now and the tyres are still in great nick.
[Image: 11870925_10204352750091032_3366674167629...8f99a0b2f1]
I always weigh up my tyre choices by feedback and comments by RIDERS. Comments from people here, elsewhere and riders I meet on the road.

Magazine reviews just cannot be completely objective.
Magazines make money through advertising. Tyre manufacturers advertise in magazines. Icon_rolleyes