New Tyres
Can anyone recommend some good tyres for my bike, i dont want cheap ones, i dont really care how much they cost as long as they are good
(26-07-2011, 04:03pm)BlackLilly Wrote: Can anyone recommend some good tyres for my bike, i dont want cheap ones, i dont really care how much they cost as long as they are good

What is your definition of a good tire?
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
I'm running a michey Power Pure on the front & a Power 2CT rear. Works for me. :)
I'm about to go power pures
(26-07-2011, 04:09pm)Shifu Wrote:
(26-07-2011, 04:03pm)BlackLilly Wrote: Can anyone recommend some good tyres for my bike, i dont want cheap ones, i dont really care how much they cost as long as they are good

What is your definition of a good tire?

Are you after sticky as one's that will last 5 min or ones with less grip that last for ages ,or something in between . I like Avon storm's as a good wearing tire with good wet & dry grip , But everyone has their favorites .I get 12 months from a set of Avon's , Including a 3500 km Tathra return trip &I am more than happy with that.

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Michelin Pilot Road 2CT for me...when they wear out, I'll probably give the Road 3's a go.
Thanks Guys, Smitten i was just going to let the bike shop put on whatever they thought as im uneducated and have just trusted the shop with all my bikes regarding the tyres, but i dont want to this time, ill just have to do some research
Had Michelin on rear last set, no problems and 17,000km. Wasn't much left thou. This last tyre went Pirelli Angel and seems ok so far. As long as u stay with a well known brand u should be OK. Think most of them are duel compound as well these days ie, harder in the middle of tread and softer on the edges for grip. Hope this helps. Chris
(26-07-2011, 05:24pm)CeeJay07 Wrote: Michelin Pilot Road 2CT for me...when they wear out, I'll probably give the Road 3's a go.

Same for me!! Biker
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
Avon storms, Pilots 2 and 3, and pirelli roads, all good, wet and dry.
Try the new Metzler m5, or the Pirelli SDCR ,i don't think you will be disappointed with any of those.
You have a pm
Depends what you want from a tyre. I run Pilot Powers or Pures if I'm doing a track day on the busa or silly stuff, or Pilot Road 2s if I'm touring or commuting. I'll be trying the Pilot Road 3s for our next big run. As has been said, dual compound is the way to go so you don't just flatten your tyre going to work.
thank you Smitten
Tell us what you decide.
Im about to try the Diablo Rosso Corsa, Heard plenty of good stuff from people with them.