Bike Gear at Aldi
Hey guys,

Anyone in the vicinity of an Aldi supermarket. Noticed today they have some pretty good looking bike gear as their weekly special starting thursday 11th Aug. Jackets, Pants, Helmet, Paddock Stand, Ramp, Wet Weather Gear, Gloves, Motorcycle Cover etc..
Not sure on the quality, but Aldi usually is pretty good for the price.
For the record .. I don't work there, so I'm not pushing it .. just thought I'd let ya's all know ..

Cheers .. Dale
I`m going to have a look thursday to.I have bought aldi stuff.computers & foods .Will try a midlayer top and pants.
I've hurd there thermals are good. Marino wool to.
if there got boots i recommend them had mine for 4-5 years still good and very comfortable
Bought the gloves about a year ago. Best pair I've had to date. Really comfy and a lot better than my previous pair which set me back $90.
Make sure you try the boots. Didn't suit my wide feet. My mate bought a pair a few years back and only wore them a few times as they're bit thick and hard to get under the gear shifter without re-adjusting it.
(09-08-2011, 02:45pm)ross79 Wrote: Bought the gloves about a year ago. Best pair I've had to date. Really comfy and a lot better than my previous pair which set me back $90.
Make sure you try the boots. Didn't suit my wide feet. My mate bought a pair a few years back and only wore them a few times as they're bit thick and hard to get under the gear shifter without re-adjusting it.

I just bought a $100 pair of gloves 2 weeks ago Frown, but I'll grab another pair.
They don't have boots this time around. My mate bought the boots last time but I think they look a bit poofy .. Scary
I went in today after a $49 paddock stand, but they had sold out. . . then again, I didn't get in 'till 9.30am. I did get a trailer ramp, then got carried away. 2 sets of wet weather gear(Cathy & I), thermals(Cathy), and tried on the gloves(me again).

The gloves fitted like a . . .glove! carbon look armour, felt great, really comfortable and only $29. Then I remembered that I already have about 8 various pairs of gloves at home so forced myself to put them back.

Spoke to another guy rummaging around who said he had a set of their gautex gear and was wrapped in it. Waterproof and armoured, looked good and cheap.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Saw this on another forum.Pity, No Aldi in SA, WTF .

http://www.aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/of...110811.htm

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
I picked up a bike cover yesterday. seems to be good enough.
Its a little small to do the straps up (only had medium) but thats fine its only keeping the dust off in the shed.
/
(11-08-2011, 11:56pm)Greeny_SA Wrote: Saw this on another forum.Pity, No Aldi in SA, WTF .

http://www.aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/of...110811.htm

In future Pete,
If you need anything from Aldi, we have one 2 mins walk away and I wouldn't mind grabbing anything and sending it to you.
In saying that, I got there half an hour after they opened and missed out. I wanted the pants but when I got there all they had left were the bike covers and locks (which I bought) and a trodden on balaclava (which I haggled for .. and won Coolsmiley). They had a bit of smaller stuff left,. but nothin for us bigger blokes. Even the ramps all sold out, but I guess the local harley club bought all them to keep in their 1 tonners .. Lol2
I am flying to Ade every week let me know if anything is needed
Cheers
Bill
And I live near chatswood and The store here is never empty you get stuff even on the last day :)

Does anyone know if their socks are any good??? Been lookin' for a good quality pair to wear under my riding boots....Undecided
Check the kg rating on the ramps as they are not rated high enough for the weight of a busa ................... fat bitch it is Lol2
I had the same problem with AUTOCO and the rest of them when I was buying a ramp. Ended up getting one custom made by Anderson (of Anderson stands), $100 built entirely to my specifications. Strong enough for a busa and wide enough for that bloody back wheel!