Pillion seat
I hope someone may have a suggestion that can improve the comfort for my Mrs while riding pillion. She says she tends to slide forward and that the seat is not as comfortable as my old bike,which surprised me a bit. I am thinking of buying a different seat for her but would like to hear some experienced opinion as to what is best. I'm sure you can understand the more comfortable she is when on the back the more comfortable I am.
Lol. I know this well as my pillions say the exact same thing. They slide forward and it's to hard. I'm getting a gel insert put in it and hope that solves the issue...
Dose not help that the Genll front end is as soft as butter and dives hugely under braking either to assist there sliding forward.
The comfort of a bike seat generally depends on who is sitting on it.
The busa seats are pretty big as far as sports tourer bikes go and they are further apart than most.
Maybe your pillion is used to sitting closer to you and relying on your back for comfort?
Adopting a smooth riding technique on a big bike goes a long way to making a happy pillion I reckon.
I suggest that if you are going fast, she should be right on your back and if you are cruising, go easier on the brakes. I'm sure you have your own riding style but developing a range of positions and getting comfy two up is like the honeymoon period of new bike ownership. lol....
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
(07-08-2011, 09:20pm)BUSGO Wrote: The comfort of a bike seat generally depends on who is sitting on it.
The busa seats are pretty big as far as sports tourer bikes go and they are further apart than most.
Maybe your pillion is used to sitting closer to you and relying on your back for comfort?
Adopting a smooth riding technique on a big bike goes a long way to making a happy pillion I reckon.
I suggest that if you are going fast, she should be right on your back and if you are cruising, go easier on the brakes. I'm sure you have your own riding style but developing a range of positions and getting comfy two up is like the honeymoon period of new bike ownership. lol....

I drive like a pensioner when the Mrs is on the back, I brake and accelerate so carefully that I'm surprised she has to hold on at all. Maybe that's my mistake. Lol3
I hear what u are saying. We tried numerous ways like an extra seat over the top with a raised front but was UGLY! Ended up buying a BMW just for her to come away with on the back and the Busa for me YesExpensive option but if the women are happy, everyones happy.
The third option to consider (you would not like the first two) is to put some ribberized mesh over the pilon seat to increase the friction on it. Confess that you put a lot of nourishing cream all over it to make it pretty and shiny. It makes it also slippery. I saw that mesh on Paul's (moshy_7) bike and I am sure it must help as he rides with his wife a lot. You may ask him where he got it from.

Cheers, Biker
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
I have friends who faced the same problem and my advice to them was to check first if they/pillion are wearing the correct pants,most of the time NOT and slipping forward while braking especially if the pillion is on the large size is a recipe for damage and hospital fees!!!If she is saying that the seat is not comfortable than a layer of latex inserted on top of the seat should work a treat but I suggest you ask Big Kev to build a seat up for her touchy or................. buy one of those hideous,hairy ass looking,gorgonzola smelling sheep skin coversPi_freak
The main complaint about the pillion seat is that it is uncomfortable and the shape of it tends to allow slipping forward. My idea was to get a gel seat or a replacement seat of some sort. I have seen a few but don't really want to spend a lot on something I'm not sure will work. One I am considering is http://www.corbin.com/suzuki/sgsx13rf.shtml . Any other suggestions welcome. I agree that what she wears could have some affect and I hope that with time she may adapt a bit better to this bike.
i,d say before you go to the expense of the corbin give big kev a pm as kev is a great guy and i,m sure he could come up with something like that of the corbin. also how long you had the bike the seats do take abit of time to break in. does your lovely lady use the grab rail when your rideing or does she use you to stop her sliding forward. i came of a m109r to the busa and my X said the busa seat was way more comfy and bigger.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
She's heavy enough without one arse on her, let alone two!! Lol2
(08-08-2011, 11:11am)sutur Wrote: She's heavy enough without one arse on her, let alone two!! Lol2

Amen to that Pi_thumbsup Lol3
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(07-08-2011, 10:14pm)Shifu Wrote: The third option to consider (you would not like the first two) is to put some ribberized mesh over the pilon seat to increase the friction on it. Confess that you put a lot of nourishing cream all over it to make it pretty and shiny. It makes it also slippery. I saw that mesh on Paul's (moshy_7) bike and I am sure it must help as he rides with his wife a lot. You may ask him where he got it from.

Cheers, Biker

I have the same mesh on my 08,it was already fitted when I brought the bike and the owner said he got it from england.Iwill give him a call and find out the dealer over there.
It's called Triboseat.....they usually advertise in the back of AMCN.