1st November is BIKE NIGHT@WSID
Busadude a stock height bike with novice riding can go anywhere from high 9's to high 12's it entirely depends on riders weight and how you ride. Some get into the 10's first time out others dont the main thing is to ride within your abilities and have fun. Having a go is the big achievement, better times may come later. Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
<i></i>
Thanks for the info guys and thanks Bruce for the encouragement, sounds like I gotta get out there........ <i></i>
And another thing....... I was thinking on the way home after WSID.....Our guys said that they were getting terrible wheelspin down the track so..... like a blinding flash of inspiration I thought 'would it be better to ride down the side of the track where the cars leave the rubber instead of where they leave the oil in the middle'? Of course I've never done a run so I have no idea what the F#@K I'm talking about but is it possible? <i></i>
Busadude, it isnt oil on the track that makes you slip, it is the lack of prep done to the track.
When you go there next time go down to the start line and have a walk around, the track is covered with rubber and is quite sticky. During bigger meetings they spray the track with a solvent that makes the rubber melt a bit making it grip your tyre, but at street meets they dont use it so the rubber is hard.
Regardless of what you hear at the track, it will always grip better than a bitumen road. Try launching your Busa at a set of traffic lights at 7000rpm and see what happens, then do it at the track. <i></i>
Hey Dude

The first time I went everyone was really nice to me. Bruce took me down and told the marshalls it was my first time (I suspect the crazy eyes were a bit of a give away though). They took me onto the track and let me walk around, you'll be amazed how your boots stick to the surface. It is shiny which makes it look slippery, but you can do things on that you'd never try on the road.

Race me if you want, I'm pretty crap, but I am aspiring to greatness!

HEIDi xxx <i></i>
Quote:Try launching your Busa at a set of traffic lights at 7000rpm and see what happens, then do it at the track.

Prolly not a good idea for a new busa owner, good on ya Dave.
"Cas actively thinning the ranks of new members".

Start out with a quickish street type launch and work up from there - most end up launching from 3000rpm and up. Some even achieve great times launching from idle. Just dont aim too high to begin with or you could end up sitting on the start line with hayabusa instruments in your lap wondering what happened. Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
<i></i>
Thats not the point I was trying to make Bruce.
The point being is that the track will hold your wheelspin alot better than any road surface could hope to.

I have seen guys try to launch their bikes off to one side so they are off the preped area of the track, and you might as well be launching from the water in the burnout box.

I am not trying to scare anyone off from coming to the drags, I think you would be able to tell that by the way I pump the Bike Nights, what I dont like to see is people get the wrong impression of the track surface because someone has said it was shit, sure it may not be preped to group 1 specs, but it will be better than any cark park/industrial area road.
You might get a bit of wheel spin along the track at a street meet, but it is only costing you 3-5mph and a couple of tenths, but unless you are running in the very low 10's high 9's you are not going to notice it at all. <i></i>
While Dave and Bruce sort each other out

I will say.

Busadude if you are coming out to the track on a friday night come and have a chat to me, I will explain all the in's and out's of how to find a good spot on the track and where to lunch from etc. If you get there before racing starts we can go out onto the startline also, so you can actually see what is what.

Only to happy to help.
Hope to see you there.

Cheers Dee <i></i>
Dee can you show him where not to do a burn out up to
Cheers Robert
Aren't all Busas Copper & Plated, the others are just all very poor slow ugly copies !!!!!<i></i>
Thanks for all the input guys and thanks for the offer Dee, I'll definately take you up on it, are you going this Friday? I'm not a new rider only new at Drags. I've had my Busa for 3 years and a variety of bikes over the years (see my 'Intro 2' on the General discussions). I'm not afraid of it just want to learn how to do the Drag thing. I don't want to be the quickest there and I don't want to start spending money to shave off 10th's, just have some fun on my stock baby (Busa:-)) and meet some of you guys.

I posted a couple of clips (I forget where cause I can't open the page from here) but there is a rally scary example when a burn-out goes wrong and the tyres grip suddenly! So I understand your point Simmo. Hope the 'one-bung-lung' feels better, here's some help.... <i></i>
The clips I mentioned are in my 'Take a squiz at this' post in General Discussions forum. Check out the 'incidences' clip first, it's pretty cool. Check out the guy doing the 'burnout figure 8's and will see the result of (another guys) tyre gripping suddenly. <i></i>
Hey Dee!

Re the Dave and Bruce thing, I've got $5 on the big dude.

HEIDi xxx <i></i>
Heidi we are both big dudes.
Dave I've had enough of your shit and have booked a flight to Sydney to sort this out.

If we are taking bets on this would you put a hundred on Dave for me Heidi Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
<i></i>
I know. i was just wondering who would put their hand up first.

I'll put that bet on for you Bruce. Would you like me to hold your handbag as well? <i></i>
classic bruce
good to see we all get along on this site <i></i>