To stop Tellmarketing
Hi Guy's got this today so read it and if you don't want to receive calls to your MB go to the web site. I went in and put my home phone # in plus email address them finished. Went back into web site and added my mobile # all is good now That's all you have to do. There must be a few on line but sit there and do it so you will not be sent any. I checked on my mobile phone # and it said you have to ring the # they supply so you can get it registered. Sorry But I didn't know about mobile#'s

Thanks John
You cant be charged for mobile calls when your the receiver of the call unless its a reverse charges call. If carriers did that they would go outta business pretty quick. I say bring on the sales calls, i get to take my frustrations out on someone for free Very Happy
(06-09-2011, 06:16pm)Fabz Wrote: You cant be charged for mobile calls when your the receiver of the call unless its a reverse charges call. If carriers did that they would go outta business pretty quick. I say bring on the sales calls, i get to take my frustrations out on someone for free Very Happy

They will send their messages to your mobile and if you mis the call it goes into your massage bank. I sure you don't pay for that call if you don't open it just delete it with out reading the massage not sure but other who know more about mobile phone will let us know for sure.
Thanks John
Great idea, i don't answer the home phone most the time anymore because of these fwits, if i do I just hang up on them then they ring back & do the same again, there should be some law against them somewhere disturbing the F'n peace maybe

I registered my home phone on that 12 months ago and it has been so peaceful since!
Good post John.

Aparantly what's written in the article actualy started as a hoax, but the details about registering are all true.
Here's a bit more info about it if anyone's interested including the phone number to call and register your details.

http://www.acma.gov.au/WEB/STANDARD/pc=PC_311873
Yep, I have done it for all my numbers, I think you can register 5 numbers, a few mates have done it.

All the calls have stopped, If they still call you you can actually reported to that site and they will take legal action.

Highly recomended for everybody to do it.
(06-09-2011, 06:16pm)Fabz Wrote: .....I say bring on the sales calls, i get to take my frustrations out on someone for free

+1 Pi_thumbsup

Sometimes, when I'm really, REALLY bored....I'll let them know right from the very start that they AIN'T gonna get a sale....and 99% of them take that statement as a challenge, so I let them talk their sales pitch for up to 60 minutes (geez, i got too much time on my hands) sometimes, occasionally showing some fake excitement and interest along the way to let them think they are winning me over.....and then after they have literally talked themselves dry & silly....I let them know that I'm honestly NOT interested...and that they really should have listened what I said in the first place!!! Pi_thumbsup

I'm fairly certain that after they talk to me for THAT long and end up with a NIL result, they strike my name off their list forever (....and then sell/swap my number onto the next mob trying to sell some other type of crap.....and then the whole process starts all over again!!!) Eek Lol3 Eek

WoW.....I gotta getta life!!!! Pi_tongue
Best thing to do is act excited tell them you need to grab a pen and paper and just leave them sitting there see how long it takes for them to hang up .
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
(07-09-2011, 07:06am)ROD Wrote: Best thing to do is act excited tell them you need to grab a pen and paper and just leave them sitting there see how long it takes for them to hang up .

Lol2

I actually thought it was a scam ..
(06-09-2011, 06:16pm)Fabz Wrote: You cant be charged for mobile calls when your the receiver of the call unless its a reverse charges call. If carriers did that they would go outta business pretty quick. I say bring on the sales calls, i get to take my frustrations out on someone for free Very Happy

That's true for Australia, but some countries do charge both the caller + the reciever.
For example, in China the caller pays 60% of the call & the receiver pays 40% of the call.
(but their call costs are a LOT cheaper than ours. They pay about AU$0.016 / min total.)
It's much worse BEING a telemarketer, trying to sell junk to OAP whinging c*******.

That register won't protect you from the dodgy ones.
(07-09-2011, 12:46pm)sutur Wrote: It's much worse BEING a telemarketer, trying to sell junk to OAP whinging c*******.

That is a very derogatory and vulgar comment. Does it suggest that you are in fact a dodgy tele-marketer? Certainly a very disrespectful person anyway.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
Good post John Pi_thumbsup I have just registered my numbers. I used to have some fun with them as well trying to sell THEM my old cement mixer Lol3
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(07-09-2011, 08:12pm)Belzybob Wrote:
(07-09-2011, 12:46pm)sutur Wrote: It's much worse BEING a telemarketer, trying to sell junk to OAP whinging c*******.

That is a very derogatory and vulgar comment. Does it suggest that you are in fact a dodgy tele-marketer? Certainly a very disrespectful person anyway.

Yes, it wasn't a nice comment and I shouldn't have made it, I apologise to everyone.

You're right of course, I was working for a dodgy company for about 3 months. I couldn't find anything else I was new to the city, if I didn't take the job I'd literally be living on the streets of Melbourne, instead of travelers' hostels which was equally bad. And it was horrible, I tried to apologize to everyone I called! Selling people discounted holidays that they didn't want or need, with conditions that found them only after they arrived at these f*&^ing hotels was just such a crushing blow to someone's conscience.

I suppose I got my back up because there were so many ignorant comments about these people who get paid shit, to do shit, that their insincere managers are practically whipping them to do.

The nicest thing you can do to these people is say nothing and hang up.

Sorry for being vulgar.