Dunlop Sportsmart
Hi Guys, After wednesday 21st i will need new tyres, as I only have enough rubber for the runs that night.

Actions at Parramatta have a special $399 for the pair. The bloke in service area recomends them.
A month ago you guys were trying them out. Could you please help me to decide.
Because i have gone to a few places and everybody mentions different type or brand????Pi_freak
any help would be great.
(12-09-2011, 06:11pm)Bluethunder Wrote: Hi Guys, After wednesday 21st i will need new tyres, as I only have enough rubber for the runs that night.

Actions at Parramatta have a special $399 for the pair. The bloke in service area recomends them.
Because i have gone to a few places and everybody mentions different type or brand????Pi_freak
any help would be great.

The SportSmarts are a 5 Star Tyre, as recommended by the UK Mag BIKE.
As far as I can see, these and the Bridgestone 023(5Star) and the Metzler M5 and the RoadSmarts run at the top of the heap for general all-round Road use.
For Track use, you might consider others but those would not last as long as the ones mentioned above.
At a rough guess according to what have already been mentioned by other posters,
it would seem that for distance the descending order might be,
RoadSmart
M5/SportSmart
but there would not be a huge amount in it.
For my use, I would prefer the RoadSmart (I currently have) to the SportSmart, but that is a personal choice.
Others to consider might be Road Attack II and Avon Ultra II which have also got great reviews.
For just plain unbeatable VALUE, one gentleman swears by Shinko Raven 009's who regularly gets 10K km out of them and who has done so for years(!)
(13-09-2011, 02:25am)FalcoPerigri Wrote:
(12-09-2011, 06:11pm)Bluethunder Wrote: Hi Guys, After wednesday 21st i will need new tyres, as I only have enough rubber for the runs that night.

any help would be great.

The SportSmarts are a 5 Star Tyre, as recommended by the UK Mag BIKE.
As far as I can see, these and the Bridgestone 023(5Star) and the Metzler M5 and the RoadSmarts run at the top of the heap for general all-round Road use.
For Track use, you might consider others but those would not last as long as the ones mentioned above.
At a rough guess according to what have already been mentioned by other posters,
it would seem that for distance the descending order might be,
RoadSmart
M5/SportSmart
but there would not be a huge amount in it.
For my use, I would prefer the RoadSmart (I currently have) to the SportSmart, but that is a personal choice.
Others to consider might be Road Attack II and Avon Ultra II which have also got great reviews.
For just plain unbeatable VALUE, one gentleman swears by Shinko Raven 009's who regularly gets 10K km out of them and who has done so for years(!)

Thanks buddy,

You can never have to much info you have made the choice a lot easier and I will let you know which ones I will go with.

Cheers
IliasBikerClap
I have never been a big fan of dunlops , but have put a set of sportsmart's on ,only done about 1000k so far but they are very good good grip & great feel i would use them again .
(13-09-2011, 01:34pm)fullbore busa Wrote: I have never been a big fan of dunlops , but have put a set of sportsmart's on ,only done about 1000k so far but they are very good good grip & great feel i would use them again .

Thanks mate,

Yep I did a bit of survey today and im pretty sure the sportsmart are the one im going to use.

Thank you for the feed back.
Been great help.Pi_thumbsup
(13-09-2011, 03:47pm)Bluethunder Wrote:
(13-09-2011, 01:34pm)fullbore busa Wrote: I have never been a big fan of dunlops , but have put a set of sportsmart's on ,only done about 1000k so far but they are very good good grip & great feel i would use them again .

Thanks mate,

Yep I did a bit of survey today and im pretty sure the sportsmart are the one im going to use.

Are the Metezler RoadTec Z8's available where you're placed ?

I had a set on my last Gen2 and I rated them 5 stars, not cheap but a nice set of tyres ..Pi_thumbsup

(13-09-2011, 04:38pm)Raphel Wrote:
(13-09-2011, 03:47pm)Bluethunder Wrote:

Thanks mate,

Are the Metezler RoadTec Z8's available where you're placed ?

I had a set on my last Gen2 and I rated them 5 stars, not cheap but a nice set of tyres ..Pi_thumbsup

I cant remember mate, Ill ask them but they did say these sportsmart are a pretty good tyre, They did say that I may not get the most kms out of them, But I do not use the busa for going to work, I use it for forgeting about work and everything else, that means getting the most of it.
The bloke did say Ill enjoy them very much and that they stick pretty well.Biker

Thanks mate Pi_thumbsup
You will love the sportsmarts .

Mark
(13-09-2011, 08:30pm)fullbore busa Wrote: You will love the sportsmarts .

Mark

Guys you have been great help. Thank you all.

I will put the sportsmarts on after wed 21 drags.

Great stuffPi_thumbsup
(13-09-2011, 10:37pm)Bluethunder Wrote:

Mark

Great stuffPi_thumbsup

You won't be disappointed. There's a tendency for people with some bias to bag Dunlops but they are TOP TYRES. Anyone whose done any racing would recommend Dunlops. The SportSmarts have newer developed technology, so if you are a do-it-all Sporty rider, they will be very very able and suitable. The RoadSmarts will give 10% more distance (ie 10% less wear) and only lose by a fraction of a second per lap compared to the SportSmarts (actual test done on BIKE magazine).
(14-09-2011, 09:40am)FalcoPerigri Wrote:
(13-09-2011, 10:37pm)Bluethunder Wrote:

Mark

Great stuffPi_thumbsup

You won't be disappointed. There's a tendency for people with some bias to bag Dunlops but they are TOP TYRES. Anyone whose done any racing would recommend Dunlops. The SportSmarts have newer developed technology, so if you are a do-it-all Sporty rider, they will be very very able and suitable. The RoadSmarts will give 10% more distance (ie 10% less wear) and only lose by a fraction of a second per lap compared to the SportSmarts (actual test done on BIKE magazine).

Yes I have noticed that, a few riders dont like them at all, I have used dunlops on my previous bikes and i had great runs with them.

I will let you know how they go in a few weeks.

Thanks heaps.Pi_thumbsup
Hi Guys,

If any body is wondering of using the Dunlop Sport Smart on their busas I highly recomend them.

I have been riding in the rain and dry days, The tyres did not let me down at all,

They have responded Pi_thumbsupto any treatment I have given them.
Pi_thumbsup

Thank you for youre input on choosing the tyres.
Clap
Ilias
(01-10-2011, 07:01pm)Bluethunder Wrote: Hi Guys,

If any body is wondering of using the Dunlop Sport Smart on their busas I highly recomend them.

I have been riding in the rain and dry days, The tyres did not let me down at all,

Pi_thumbsup

Clap
Ilias
Got them on my bike.Only done a hundred kms.got shoulder opp so be a bit before i do some miles.

(01-10-2011, 09:59pm)grantxr6t Wrote:
(01-10-2011, 07:01pm)Bluethunder Wrote: Hi Guys,

Pi_thumbsup

Clap
Ilias
Got them on my bike.Only done a hundred kms.got shoulder opp so be a bit before i do some miles.

Hope you get better soon mate.
a mate of mine has the NEW VFR1200 and he broke his shoulder after 2 weeks of having his new bike...

after the opp he sat on the seat and tried to reach the handle bars every couple of days that was hes physio, couple of months later he is back on it again.

hang in there.

Getting back to the tyres they are greatPi_thumbsup