LED tail lights
Got myself a spanky LED tail light assembly. It arrived withut any instructions for connection (which I can work out hopefully) but also with 4 big resistors. Not sure what to do with these. My only guess is that LED are very low resistance in comparison with a globe and something neds it to function properly. Has anyone done the conversion and can help me here Confused

Cheers,Biker
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Shifu, IIRC, the resistors are needed to stop your lights from either flashing too quickly or not at all. I didn't use resistors for my own LED taillight/indicators, as I found it much easier to buy a plug 'n' play flasher relay from an eBay vendor. I think it was, like, $20.

Something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-Fl...788wt_1058

If you still want to use the resistors, Big Kev has done something like that, so he should be able to help you.
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
(16-09-2011, 11:20am)Rainbow7 Wrote: Shifu, IIRC, the resistors are needed to stop your lights from either flashing too quickly or not at all. I didn't use resistors for my own LED taillight/indicators, as I found it much easier to buy a plug 'n' play flasher relay from an eBay vendor. I think it was, like, $20.

Something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-Fl...788wt_1058

If you still want to use the resistors, Big Kev has done something like that, so he should be able to help you.

yeah cheers dude , yeah i did use the resistors in mine , all you need to is solder the resistors in series with your factory indercators and bob's your uncle LOL i run the stock GEN II indercators and the indernal indercators all together ,

thats what i did so yeah , if ya want pics of it let me know and i will post up

The resistors might be there to differentiate between brake and park lights.

Leonard.
I got one in mine just plugged it in & go, Just had to wire the blinkers in Pi_thumbsup
Thank you all for the good info. I've decided to get that flasher relay as the cleanest option. Thanks Rainbow7 for the shortcut Pi_thumbsup Soldering will be the "plan B" option if the flasher does not work.
Cheers Biker
As the gen11 tail-light is already led you will only need the resisters to wire up the indicators as the led ones flash to fast. if your not going to use the indicators in the tail-light and going to stick with the oringinal gen11 indicators you wont need the resistors at all. i stuck with the oringinal gen11 indicators because with the brake light on it is hard to see the indicators in the lail-light flashing and we all know cage drivers always saying ;i didn,t see his indicators on; when they arse end us. hope this is off some help.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
(16-09-2011, 10:47pm)Shifu Wrote: Thank you all for the good info. I've decided to get that flasher relay as the cleanest option. Thanks Rainbow7 for the shortcut Pi_thumbsup Soldering will be the "plan B" option if the flasher does not work.
Cheers Biker

smart move mate
(17-09-2011, 09:51am)big kev Wrote:
(16-09-2011, 10:47pm)Shifu Wrote: Thank you all for the good info. I've decided to get that flasher relay as the cleanest option. Thanks Rainbow7 for the shortcut Pi_thumbsup Soldering will be the "plan B" option if the flasher does not work.
Cheers Biker

smart move mate

For sure.
I've also fitted the L.E.D tail lights some six months ago, and also left the indicators as they are, for the reasons, I'd also rather they see me when I'm indicating.

Rob.
I use the integrated indicators as well as as set of LED indicators. - That way, the Popo can't hassle me about the integrated ones.
(18-09-2011, 09:01pm)Rainbow7 Wrote: I use the integrated indicators as well as as set of LED indicators. - That way, the Popo can't hassle me about the integrated ones.

That is what I am planning to do as well. Never enough lights for blind people in cars. While I am waiting for my Flasher relay to arrive - do you connect the LED blinkers in series or parallel with the globes?
(19-09-2011, 08:30pm)Shifu Wrote: While I am waiting for my Flasher relay to arrive - do you connect the LED blinkers in series or parallel with the globes?

Just tap into the stock indicator wiring. Kev can probably give you a detailed explanation of how to do it.
IIRC, he used quick splice connectors. It was a very easy job. (Thanks, Kev.)
Quick splices are great because they don't require any soldering/stripping.