Hayabusa is a boring bike!
I had a great ride home today from Albury to Tallangatta. If you are familiar with the area you will know it can be a fabulous road. From Albury out the Lake Hume, across the Bethanga Bridge to Bellbridge, then the Winding River Road to Granya. From there it's over Granya mountain to meet the Murray Valley highway just east of Tallangatta. about 60kms of bugger all traffic and nothing but great corners.

Today it was different though, because I was riding my old 80's CBX1000. It can be a real handful when pushed, narrow tyres, suspension that was never great, and is now that much sadder, everything flexing as it is pushed probably a "little" harder than it should be for it's age through the hills. But the grin factor is still there. At speeds that would get me booked - but not lose my licence - I was having a ball, and absolutely exhausted by the time I got home.

If I'd been riding the 'busa at those sorts of speeds it would be a very tame and boring ride home indeed.

Yep. the 'busa is just plain boring if you're being legal.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
You lucky lucky bastard!

The sound of that screaming 6 must to awesome mate.
Ward P wash your mouth out with soap you come on here with false statements about busa,s being boring Whenpigsfly you will make the god of busas rain on you next time your out Storm aren,t all bikes boring at legaldom? makes you see how far the japs have come with their bikes over the years tho.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
Now THATS something that should make washing mouths out with soap and water mandatory.... the yanks making a Vincent?? they would stuff it up and make it as slow as their own iron!
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
(18-09-2011, 08:14am)RYDRZ Wrote: my grandad rode the 1924 INDIAN PRINCE

my uncle Pete rode a
VINCENT HRD 998cc BLACK SHADOW
( the vincent was then as what the busa is to us now , ahead of its time at 150mph as a top speed on the road )
not sure which year but they all sound & look great
i just want one,
the yanks are or were remaking them,mmmmm

Man, We just saw one Vincent HRD yesterday at Amberlight in Lobethal. They had some sort of old bikes annual ride or something. Awesome machine considering its age. That twin engine looks like it is way too big for the rest of the bike that seems seating very low, like crouching for a sprint. I was thinking about your post right away and talked to the guy who ons it. He said it is still awesome to ride it though the bumpy roads get to it. Pi_thumbsup

"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(17-09-2011, 10:27pm)Ward P Wrote: I had a great ride home today from Albury to Tallangatta. If you are familiar with the area you will know it can be a fabulous road. From Albury out the Lake Hume, across the Bethanga Bridge to Bellbridge, then the Winding River Road to Granya. From there it's over Granya mountain to meet the Murray Valley highway just east of Tallangatta. about 60kms of bugger all traffic and nothing but great corners.

Today it was different though, because I was riding my old 80's CBX1000. It can be a real handful when pushed, narrow tyres, suspension that was never great, and is now that much sadder, everything flexing as it is pushed probably a "little" harder than it should be for it's age through the hills. But the grin factor is still there. At speeds that would get me booked - but not lose my licence - I was having a ball, and absolutely exhausted by the time I got home.

If I'd been riding the 'busa at those sorts of speeds it would be a very tame and boring ride home indeed.

Yep. the 'busa is just plain boring if you're being legal.

I know exactly what you mean. I have just bought myself a 1994 Triumph Sprint 900s. I plan to take it to Europe next year and tour around. Great piece of ancient machinery and the triple pulls like a train. However, after riding the Sprint and getting back on the Busa the difference in performance, braking, handling etc of the Busa makes me appreciate it so much more. Cheers, Glenn
I don't agree entirely. My Busa is exciting even when switched off and standing still...anything on the move is a bonus at any speed in any gear between 0 and God knows...
FP
(11-10-2011, 10:08pm)FalcoPerigri Wrote: I don't agree entirely. My Busa is exciting even when switched off and standing still...anything on the move is a bonus at any speed in any gear between 0 and God knows...
FP

Well said mate Pi_thumbsup

[Image: HayabusaSmall.jpg]
I do enjoy hunting down prey that are recent bikes, on my '83 Kat 1100 and yes it is done regularly. Old 'steel' takes some muscle and nouce and is very rewarding. I like dealing out a lesson on a really old bike. That's rewarding. Having said that, the Busa is soooo funny at mid to high revs, love it. Cheers.
I have just moved from dirt XR600, which I owned for 10 years and was a 2nd glove. Could do anything in the Canberra area, was pulled over for turning left at the red light, jumping the medium strip then turning 'straight' to keep going. Busa just means a different level. 120 on the XR was pushing it, 120 on the Busa is taking it easy. Shame I couldn't afford bothWm